Kef E305 with Denon AVRX1200W?

cymruoasis

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi all. I've recently bought my first house and I'm trying to put together a decent set up in the lounge that will sound and look good (keep the girlfriend happy haha). This will also be the first time I've bought a 5.1 set up that's not a "home cinema in a box". So, whilst I'm excited to be moving on to better equipment, I am something of a novice.

I've always loved the look of the Kef "eggs" and after reading numerous glowing reviews of the E305's, I've decided to go for these. I am however undecided on the avr. I've seen a package deal online for the Kef E305's and the Denon AVRX1200W for £899. I've read some reviews of the amp and it seems a good choice on it's own with quite a few connectivity options.

My question is, would these two bits of kit be a good fit or should I consider another avr? One thing that is important is future proofing with 4K compatibilty, and from what I've read the Denon ticks this box. Any advice would be appreciated

I've been looking at this package today. It's still £899, including a cable package. I wonder is the receiver good enough for the speakers. It would be a good buy if it is.

I went ahead and bought it in the end after reading reviewes of the AVR, all of which were very good. Waiting to move into my new house before setting up though so can't comment on the quality yet I'm afraid. Should be able to in the next 4-6 weeks.

You'll enjoy the combination, KEF and Denon, at all levels, work well with each other. I used 3005 Eggs for over six years and still use a pair as surrounds. Enjoy.

You'll enjoy the combination, KEF and Denon, at all levels, work well with each other. I used 3005 Eggs for over six years and still use a pair as surrounds. Enjoy.

Great stuff, looking forward to getting them set up!

I had QED Micro Original Speaker Cables included, are they decent enough quality?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom