KEF - E301 or T301...?

KevMitch73

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I’d be interested to hear if anyone has experience of both being used as front, centre and surround speakers?

Which would be the better option for a room 3.5 x 7m :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Neither are better or worse than the others only different to be truthful. The E305 has the same chassis style/size as the old KHT2005 speaker with a vastly improved Uni-Q driver array whereas the T-305 use a conventional speaker configuration (tweeter (mounted outside of the mid-range driver), mid-range driver and woofer) remastered in a non conventional arrangement to reduce it depth.

I would say the performance of the e305 is closer to the t105 on merit with the T305 having a little more ability when mounted on the walls. If you are going to use the t305 stands, then the e305 would come out on top (in my opinion) due to the internal crossovers built into the t-series stands

The room size of 3.5m x 7m is quite a long narrow room and had you had a room which was 5m x 7m I would have said that both would have struggled at highish volumes whereas the T305 should come out on top again. Do make sure you do buy an amplifier which can drive the speakers well in this type of room too. So, please don't look at the cheapest option as you will find that you will not be able to fill the room without overstretching the amp which in turn could cause long term issues with the speakers.

As an amp, this would be the bottom end product I would be looking at (Marantz NR1710)

Neither are better or worse than the others only different to be truthful. The E305 has the same chassis style/size as the old KHT2005 speaker with a vastly improved Uni-Q driver array whereas the T-305 use a conventional speaker configuration (tweeter (mounted outside of the mid-range driver), mid-range driver and woofer) remastered in a non conventional arrangement to reduce it depth.

I would say the performance of the e305 is closer to the t105 on merit with the T305 having a little more ability when mounted on the walls. If you are going to use the t305 stands, then the e305 would come out on top (in my opinion) due to the internal crossovers built into the t-series stands

The room size of 3.5m x 7m is quite a long narrow room and had you had a room which was 5m x 7m I would have said that both would have struggled at highish volumes whereas the T305 should come out on top again. Do make sure you do buy an amplifier which can drive the speakers well in this type of room too. So, please don't look at the cheapest option as you will find that you will not be able to fill the room without overstretching the amp which in turn could cause long term issues with the speakers.

As an amp, this would be the bottom end product I would be looking at (Marantz NR1710)

Thanks Shane.

The speakers will indeed be wall mounted. The TV area is pushed to one end of the room rather than central, so I guess whilst the whole room of 3.5x7 the area where the tv is will only be around 3.5x4.5.

I have only just in the last 10 minutes had my new AV Receiver delivered - a Denon X3600H. I am now worried that it will be suitable after what you have said.....:blush:

I think the current price point of the E305s is attractive at the minute but don't want an 'OK' speaker if the T Series is far superior (if that makes sense..)

Attachments

• BB219716-5C6F-4831-9AD7-719A0BE74BED.jpeg
    BB219716-5C6F-4831-9AD7-719A0BE74BED.jpeg
    67.2 KB · Views: 133
You will be fine with the X3600H although I would say if you have the pennies, go with the T-Series as they will be better when mounted on the wall :smashin:

You will be fine with the X3600H although I would say if you have the pennies, go with the T-Series as they will be better when mounted on the wall :smashin:

If only I could find a really great retailer that would offer a super discount of the T Series.......:rolleyes:

If only I could find a really great retailer that would offer a super discount of the T Series.......:rolleyes:
Did you ever find a great retailer able to offer a super discount of the T series? ;)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom