1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KEF + Delivery times

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by js, Oct 9, 2001.

1. js

js

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I ordered some KEF Q55s about a week and half ago through Sevenoaks. Told it would be a 3 or so days wait and I thought ahh thats ok to me. Well along came Thursday and I called Sevenoaks to which I heard the reply no they are not in yet, and that they would find out why. Got a call back and my speakers are waiting in the warehouse ready for despatch and would be delivered on Friday and I could pick them up from Sevenoaks then. I ring up Friday and still no KEFs for me. Sevenoaks call KEF again and someone there would sort it out and call Sevenoaks back, they didn't, also promised delivery on Monday and I call this morning and still waiting in the warehouse. Told it was a computer glitch and they should arrive at the shop tomorrow.
    I really want these speakers but I am really gutted over the broken promises etc, is this how KEF treat their customers all the time?
    Yes I know its only a week and half but its the fact that every day I was told they would be in and they have never left the damn warehouse. I can't blame Sevenoaks here as they've tried and tried for me with little success as they were told each time that they were on their way, well they still aren't and i'm still waiting.
    All I want to do is listen to them :)

2. JAMESDAVIS

JAMESDAVIS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have bought various KEFs from Hi Fi Junkies.co.uk and they have been very good in terms of delivering when promised and having items in stock. They have also been able to get other models in as well. It may be worth trying them in the future for KEFs..?

[ 09-10-2001: Message edited by: CHAIRBOY ]

3. lmccauley

lmccauley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +212
    Have you heard Nic's saga of trying to get KEF speakers? I certainly hope you don't end up waiting as long as he did (put it this way, you won't have them by Christmas if it does take as long...).

On the other hand, things do seem to have improved with Ron Locke appearing on this forum.

Cheers,
    Liam

[ 10-10-2001: Message edited by: lmccauley ]

4. fatrich

fatrich

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    I ordered a set of thx ref speakers from empire elect and they came within 3 days.

well done kef, sevenoaks are normally quite good seems strange

richard

5. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,277
    Don't get me started again. KEF and I are friends again.

6. js

js

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think I was just unlucky. I got a call from Sevenoaks just now to let me know they have arrived :)
    Funny things these "computer glitches" aren't they ;)
    I put it down to human error to be honest and someone had forgotten to do whatever they needed to do. Because I use the "computer glitch" excuse myself sometimes, i'm a Tech Support Manager/Network Manager when I know full well it was a human error :D
    I'm looking forward to listening to them anyway.

7. lmccauley

lmccauley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +212
    I'm glad to hear it. How are you enjoying your new Reference fronts?

As I mentioned in my first post, I think it's a good sign that a Kef representative pops in now and again to help out and listen to gripes. The only part of my original HC setup that I still use is the Kef 80C. Since the "matching" centre for my R/L pair doesn't (match sonically, that is!), then I doubt if I'll replace it unless I decide to swap the front 3.

Cheers,
    Liam

8. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,277
    Liam

would you believe it if I said they were still in their boxes? I've been so busy that I haven't had time to play. :(

9. lmccauley

lmccauley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +212
    Oh, I can believe it all right. Sometimes real life has to take priority (which is why my my own HC plans are on indefinite hold) :(