• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Kef customer service sucks...!

clarky78

Well i have been without my IQ7 for over a week now. And i have only owned the speakers 4 weeks.

I pretty P****d off tbh.. I should have just asked for a replacement speaker looking back.

I have e-mailed Kef twice now, and have had no reply at all. If this is what their customer service is like, i will not be buying their unreliable products ever again.

Not got anytime for the dealer either, this is the first and last time i shop at Nottingham Hi-Fi Centre.

Anyway, rant over, just needed to vent somewhere!

Knyght_byte

Distinguished Member
ello clarky....sorry u still having probs :-(

did u pay by credit card? if so call your credit card company and tell them your being mucked around so can they get the money back as you dont even have the items anymore?

might work, then u can go spend your hard earned on something else :)

ghislain

Clarky,

May be you should drop a line to these guys

Fi Michael, UK Marketing Communications Manager
Nick Bryant UK Sales Manager

If left unanswered get in touch with MA (just kidding) :devil:

Streetrod

Real sorry to hear about your problems with KEF, I have recently had to deal with customer services but had a better result. I bought a Kef XQ2c centre speker a few months back and at £500 it was not cheap. Anyway two weeks ago I bought the matching KEF XQ5 floorstanders. The problem I had was that the maple finish on the centre was a different colour to the one on the XQ5, I was not happy, so I contacted Kef who initally tried to put it down to the colour changing over time. I would not take that and pointed out to them that the centre speaker had been made in Europe and the mains in China. It was at this point that they confessed that production had switched to China and therefore this was the cause of the colour variation. They agreed to change the centre for a new one and all is now right with the world. Charles in the customer service area was very helpfull, I would suggest you give him a call.

good luck

clarky78

My problem is with my job i don't get chance to call in the working day, and when i get home most people are closed. I may try to call them tomorrow if i get chance.

Knyght, no chance, i only took 1 back... :( Hence when i said to them i had people coming around and i hadn't got my speakers they replied ' you still have one!' :eek: :mad:

AdrianMills

clarky78 said:
I have e-mailed Kef twice now, and have had no reply at all. If this is what their customer service is like, i will not be buying their unreliable products ever again.

Hm, isn't "unreliable" a little harsh when it looks like you damaged the speaker by trying to run it too loud on an underpowered amp? At least that's what I thought was the conclusion from another thread here.

Crustyloafer

Distinguished Member
AdrianMills said:
Hm, isn't "unreliable" a little harsh when it looks like you damaged the speaker by trying to run it too loud on an underpowered amp? At least that’s what I thought was the conclusion from another thread here.

Not meaning to be too judgemental, but that also seems the case to me. They would appear to have been damaged by misuse, and now that Kef haven't repaired/replaced them instantaneously you seem to be getting on your high horse. An average repair should be expected to take between 2-3 weeks, I think maybe you should be a little bit more considerate and patient regarding this situation.

ghislain

Guys,

Misuse or not, Clarky is complaining about the fact that no one even bothers to answer mails (which is regarded as a legitimate way to contact a commercial organization).

Furthermore he states he has been waiting already for 4 weeks....

Customerservice is also about correctly (that is within a reasonable time frame) responding to your customers inquiry.

Crustyloafer

Distinguished Member
ghislain said:
Furthermore he states he has been waiting already for 4 weeks....

No, he says he has owned the speakers for 4 weeks, but has only been without one of them for just over week.

I am not condoning Kef's lack of reponse, I was merely stating that the time taken is quite normal and well within what I would call a reasonable time.

clarky78

I have just had a call to say they are fixed.

Still not happy, Don't know if i should sell them now, seing as it's deemed I broke them with my 'underpowered amp'. So i guess they are likely to brake again? Unless I lay out for more amplification.

Hmmm, and my Missions have been unfazed in 8 years of running....

Anyway, yes, my grief was more there lack of customer relations, they can't even be bothered to answer an e-mail. Never did like mail much all to easy to ignore, always prefered the phone...

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom