Kef Cresta

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Timoth, Dec 3, 2000.

1. Timoth

Timoth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm starting out in the world of home cinema and I don't have the biggest buget. I've been looking around at speakers and found the kef cresta range at the top of my list.

On the spec sheet they look as though they'll do the job.

Does anyone have any advice on this?
    and
    Does anyone know a good mail-order company in the UK.

Cheers!

2. RMCF

RMCF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +780
    The KEF Cresta's were built for HiFi, but 4 x Cresta1's will definitely do the job for your fronts and rears. They are highly reviewed in the HiFi magazines and have won loads of awards. Maybe even Cresta2's at the front. As for places to get them, try www.unbeatable.co.uk or buy a copy of What HiFi and check out all the adverts. I think they are going for a fairly reasonable price these days. Don't forget that if you are planning a Dolby ProLogic setup as opposed to a Dolby Digital one, your rears do not need to be of as high a quality as the fronts, as DPL is an analogue system with a limited mono soundtrack going to the rears. In DD the rears are full range and stereo so a better quality speaker is advised.

3. Gordon

Gordon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got to say, the Kef Cresta will definately do the job.

I, like yourself, was on quite a tight budget. I had just bought a Yamaha RXV 596 reciever and I was looking for speakers that would blend in with the decor. They also had to sound as good as I could get for my budget.

I opted for the Cresta 2 for the fronts, Cresta 1 for the rears and a Cresta Centre. I have definately been delighted with my choice.

I ordered mine from www.hifistore.co.uk and paid £270 for the lot. This included NEXT DAY delivery. I was extremely impressed with these guys, they handled my order very professionally and kept me informed with the progress of my order.

Go for it mate.

4. Timoth

Timoth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'll have to look at hifistore, the price sounds right at least! I'm still looking and i'd like to hear them first, but I'll take what you say into consideration.

cheers

5. RMCF

RMCF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +780
    Can I just back up the comments made about www.hifistore.co.uk

I bought my chipped Toshiba 2109 from them and the service was excellent. In fact they reduced the price by £20 a week later and Gary honoured it for me, sending me an Ixos cable at £24.99 free of charge. I think that when you get service that that these days it should be highlighted.