1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kef:Coda, Cresta or the Q series?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Hootan, Jun 15, 2004.

1. Hootan

Hootan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Gonna buy Kef surround system:
    Kef CI130QR/160QR for the in-ceiling speakers and then I need two floor standing and a centre speaker with a subwoofer. I cant quite work out which to go for, the Coda, Cresta or the Q Series. The flats quite small but I dont mind forking out a little more if the quality is better.
    1. Whats the difference between the three series?
    2. Theyre all sold quite cheap at Empire.co.uk but always wary of buying of the internet - please advise!

2. cwoj

cwoj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The q series is regarded as the better, although most are sold via hi dealers and not online traders. Kef get a bit funny about its productsd being sold online.

I've heard the q series and have to say they look aand sound cracking, although if your short of space my money would go on he 9000 ace's.

3. Stereo Steve

Stereo Steve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I had a pair of Cresat 1's a year or so back and can't believe Kef would put their name on such a thing. Rubbish quite frankly. Not heard the others but generally Kef's are pretty good.

4. cosmic023

cosmic023

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    Well i've now got Cresta 2's for front's, Cresta Centre, and Cresta 1's for surround duties. (Will get another pair of 1's for 7.1 sound sometime soon.)

Yeah ok they are a budget speaker and sound great to me for cinema duties (So So for music), but since i'm converting a bedroom into a new cinema room, they'll have to do until funds allow an upgrade.

The Q series would be a better speaker, the coda's were good for music, not sure about cinema duties ??

5. Hootan

Hootan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, was in the process of deciding between BW and Kefs, think Ill role with the kefs, either the coda or the Q series depending on what funds allow - might even buy the in wall speakers from kef(ci series) or BW (CCM50) and then go for the centre, floors and subs to richersounds. Any tips on which are good ones, round about the 400 mark for the floorstanding (for the pair), 200 for the centre and 200 or so for the sub?