Kef Coda 80 Centre - any good??

dave48

Established Member
Reaction score
I urgently need to get a centre speaker - currently I am using one of the two front speakers from my second system as a temporary centre which is not satisafactory to say the least! I'm using a Denon 3801 - would a Kef Coda 80 be a reasonable choice? The fronts and surrounds are a bit of a mixed bag: Mordaunt Short MS 15's for the fronts and Wharfedale Diamond II's for the surrounds, so short of replacing the lot I just need to get a centre that matches vaguely well and is black.

Any comments welcome on the Coda 80 - or on suitable alternatives that are not too expensive.

Q95s?

I have one of these and it matches my Q30s very nicely.

However tradition says you should try and get a MS of similar congifuration to your L&Rs to get a tonealy similar response across the front sound stage.

MB

Hi there,

I have a Denon 2805, my front are JM Lab chorus 715, and the KEF coda 80 C it's the absolute piece I had missing for my system.

It is a great piece a speaker the voice is so clear and warm and the tweeter makes sound so detailed. On the top of that I bought it £60.00 brand new on ebay so it was definitely a very good bargain for me.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom