Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Kef Coda 80 Centre - any good??

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by dave48, Mar 6, 2005.

1. dave48

dave48

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I urgently need to get a centre speaker - currently I am using one of the two front speakers from my second system as a temporary centre which is not satisafactory to say the least! I'm using a Denon 3801 - would a Kef Coda 80 be a reasonable choice? The fronts and surrounds are a bit of a mixed bag: Mordaunt Short MS 15's for the fronts and Wharfedale Diamond II's for the surrounds, so short of replacing the lot I just need to get a centre that matches vaguely well and is black.

Any comments welcome on the Coda 80 - or on suitable alternatives that are not too expensive.

2. matblack

matblack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Q95s?

I have one of these and it matches my Q30s very nicely.

However tradition says you should try and get a MS of similar congifuration to your L&Rs to get a tonealy similar response across the front sound stage.

MB

3. Geoxis

Geoxis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Hi there,

I have a Denon 2805, my front are JM Lab chorus 715, and the KEF coda 80 C it's the absolute piece I had missing for my system.

It is a great piece a speaker the voice is so clear and warm and the tweeter makes sound so detailed. On the top of that I bought it £60.00 brand new on ebay so it was definitely a very good bargain for me.