1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KEF Ci200QT speaker cable advice

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Judge, Jun 2, 2005.

1. Judge

Judge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

We are currently rebuilding our house prior to moving in. I am hoping to install a discreet home cinema in the lounge. With this in mind I have ordered 5x Kef Ci200QT to go in the ceiling. Could someone be able to give me some advice on which speaker cable to use. Any advice on the 12v power supply would also be very welcome.

I have also ordered a pair of Ci-200QRs for upstairs but was wondering if there would be any benefit to using them to create a 7.1 system.

Many Thanks

Judge

2. MPK

MPK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    In my opinion the QT are ideal for back surround speakers in a 7.1 setup, but of course you can also use them on the side in a 5.1 setup. Maybe you want to think about the 130DS in the wall rather than ceiling and the QTs in the back with a 7.1 setup. I don't think the 200QRs would sound great when pointing down from the ceiling as surround speakers.

With regards to cabling, I used Cinemax cable off the reel, which is good and cheap. Some people might even recommend a CAT5 LAN cable, but I'm not too convinced about that.