1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kef Centre speaker Q

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by pegFACE, Nov 22, 2001.

1. pegFACE

pegFACE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Lads

I'm upgrading my fronts from Mission 753's and putting them on rear duty, and getting Kef 105's to replace them, and for the centre i'm selling the 77c1 and getting a kef centre instead i think

thing is, which one do I want?

i'm looking at the

200c at £700
    100c at £500
    TDM 23C - £400

Heard any of the above?

Cheers

Michael

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +937
    Hi

Theyre ALL bloody good speakers. The TDM23 is the centre speaker for Kef´s THX package and really should be matched with the rest of the package.

The Model 100 is an excellent speaker but not as good as the 200c. I had one until i changed it for the THX package.

You really need to listen to each of them with the fronts you are purchasing.

You should be able to pick up the model 100 for about 300-350 quid maybe less, also the 200c should be able for less as well, but 400 for the TDM23 is about right.

The choice is yours!!

cheers

3. pegFACE

pegFACE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i've found the 100c at hyper hifi for £250 +pnp, and the 200c for £550 +pnp

no luck on the TDM23c yet tho

4. Lowrider

Lowrider

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The 100C will be a better match for the 105 than the Q, the 200 even better, if you can afford...

5. pegFACE

pegFACE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Q?

dont you mean the TDM 23c?

I'm thinking of the 100c at the moment, and at £250, its acceptable, but i'll have to find a deal on the 200c because 550 is really streching the budget...

6. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +937
    Hi

Kef also do a Q series centre as well (Q95 i think is the model no.) the 100 sounds a lot better though.

Also the 100 is not too big whereas the 200c and Tdm23 are bloody massive, nearly as wide as my 28 inch widescreen tv!!
    The Tdm is also quite high as well.

cheers
    Jase

7. pegFACE

pegFACE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Size isnt a problem, and i've got a projector and already have stands for my centre, so the new Kef will go on top of it...

its defo between the TDM 100 and 200,

dont know where I could get a demonstration of them tho

8. PhilCTTE

PhilCTTE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +131
    Have you sourced the 105's yet ? as I might be getting rid of mine soon

9. pegFACE

pegFACE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Phil, you might be my savour!

I need one more pair of 105's to complete the set :)

What model of the 105's do you have?

How much are you looking for them?

When do you want to part with them?

Purchasing early january 2002 would be superb for me, are you interested in selling

I await your reply

Michael :)

10. PhilCTTE

PhilCTTE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +131
    I need one more pair of 105's to complete the set
    >>>> So this means you'll have two sets then front and rear .... NICE!!!. Did you buy your current pair second hand ? .. how much for ?

What model of the 105's do you have?
    >>>> 105/3 the last model, one of the last one to roll off production ... as they were really difficult to track down.

How much are you looking for them?
    >>>> not sure yet .... In order to find a suitable replacement I need to spend about four times as much

When do you want to part with them?
    >>>> I'm in no rush at the moment as I'm still looking for a suitable replacment.... looking at B&W nautilus 800 series

11. pegFACE

pegFACE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Phil

So this means you'll have two sets then front and rear .... NICE!!!. Did you buy your current pair second hand ? .. how much for ?

I got the front set of 105's (originals) for Christmas this year and the second set of 105/2's second hand for £400, they are virtually identical but the 105/1's have slightly better bass than the 105/2's, but both have the seperate mid and bass units

>>>> 105/3 the last model, one of the last one to roll off production ... as they were really difficult to track down.

Sh!t, the 105/3's were completly different design than the 105's I have, I dont know if they were better worse, but i was looking for all identical speakers (the 105/1's and 105/2's) are close enough, but I fear the /3's will be too different :(

I'm in no rush at the moment as I'm still looking for a suitable replacment.... looking at B&W nautilus 800 series

My dad replaced his 105's with a pair of Nautilus 803's, they were the only thing that could match the bass of them, and I still think the 105 has better bass than the 803's