Question KEF Ceiling Speakers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by CCSound15, Jul 12, 2015.

1. CCSound15

CCSound15
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Morning All,

I have been researching the KEF Ci series range for my new extension approx 5m depth by 7 width.
    I want to install 4x 160QR speakers in this area and wanted to get some advice in terms of sound quality and if the QR are the right speakers for this area. I also wanted to connect a 5th speaker in our bathroom which is approx 2 metres from the nearest speaker in the ext.
    Would I need a switching box to connect all 5?
    The sound system to connect the speakers to will be a Sonos connect AMP/ the Sonos Sub and soundbar. Would this all work ok? Appreciate all your advice and help as I'm quite a novice when it comes to the linking of systems.
    Thanks Chris

2. cmclean

cmclean

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    Hi Chris

Its not clear are you looking to create a surround effect in your extension?
    For example are you wanting to utilise all 4 of the ceiling speakers, the Sonos playbar and the sub as a single surround sound zone?

Thanks

3. CCSound15

CCSound15
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I'm trying to set up 2 zones basically utilising the speakers in the new extension and then in the back room connecting the Sonos bar and Hub, amp to the speakers as surround. I wanted to use the systems also independently of each other. When I use the speakers on their own I want to be able to play music from my tablet and then if I want the hub for bass then that also.
    I think you know what I mean.

Cheers Chris