1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KEF Ben! (Must be my lucky day)

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Mr Pleasant, Jan 21, 2003.

1. Mr Pleasant

Mr Pleasant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Ben, an expert's opinion is going to be very useful! This very lunchtime I was at home messing about with my sub (REL), Denon amp (AVC-10SE) and a pair of 'Eggs'. My feeling is that there is a definite advantage in connecting my sub at high level via the Neutrik connector (front speakers set to large), as well as at line level, but was wondering if the Eggs are designed to perform best if fed signals that only reach 80Hz and not below. A pal who has recently bought the Gallo balls says his instructions warn him against feeding them with a fulll-range signal. There's nothing in my Egg literature like this, but I'd very much like to know...

2. Mr Pleasant

Mr Pleasant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Ben, many thanks for the reply. I'm really only interested in the benefits of a high level connection for stereo listening, but on the basis of what you've said I think I'll play safe and stick with the small setting. I don't know much about speaker design, but conventional wisdom says you get a better performance from a unit if you don't ask too much of it. My amp has a fixed crossover of 80Hz, but this appears to tie-in with the Eggs' design so I'll optimise with sub settings, etc. Thanks again. And stick around!