Kef 5005 with Pioneer AX4 avi

F

Fez

I've just taken delivery of the above together with Pioneer 989 DVD player which I 'm also using for playing music. I used the Pioneer setup but so far am very disappointed with the music delivery. I'm using IXOS super flat cable which admitedly may not be great but I was expecting better musical sound than I'm getting now. My guess is that somewhere I've got the set up wrong. Can anyone offer any advice?

hmmmm

Did you demo the Kef's?

I've never been that impressed by any KEF's (dispite owning them, the missus likes the look and won't let me change them) and the 5005 are those slim VM style models aren't they.

Nothing wrong with your amp, I've heard the same Amp belting out tunes very nicely with some B&W CDM's, and the chances of it being the cable, IMHO dear speaker cable is for people who like to tell their friends how much the sytem costs.

Sorry that's no help to you, but unless you've previously heard the KEF's performing much better, I'd say they are the most likely culprit

I tested them a while in UK (I'm now living in Malaysia) and they sounded great although that was only for home cinema. The nearest I could get to testing for music here was the 2005 but they sounded fine.

Maybe I need to get someone form the shop to come and set up, see what he can do.

Yeah good idea!

Hi Guys. See my comments on this thread.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=323537

If you think the 5005's have a problem with audio, listen to the the others in the KEF range!

Really if you want high quality audio don't expect a surround sound package to come even near.

I've got a pair of Ruark Sceptres doing stereo. I paid £250 used for them. They absolutley kill even a £1,000 5.1 system for pure stereo audio.

5.1 has to be a compromise if you want both audio and home cinema surround sound.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom