1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

kef 5005 help

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by normsplace, Jun 11, 2004.

1. normsplace

normsplace
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have recently purchased the fabulous Kef 5005 package which I am running from a Sony STRDB2000, everything is fine, movies and cd's sound very involving with great clarity and depth. The problem i have got is when I play SACD's, I dont get any base at all from the sub, could someone please tell me where I'm going wrong! :confused:

2. GAmbrose

GAmbrose

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    A lot of the time the bass for multi channel onput is seperate from your settings for Digital output.

Try selecting Multi Channel mode on the amp and upping the bass on that. Also, I think if you have a Pioneer 565 then the bass management for SACD on the player is pretty weak.

Gary A

3. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    When you are playing SACD's all of the decoding and bass management is done within the SACD player and the results are output via the 6 channel analogue output to the amp so you need to ensure that the settings are all correct in the DVD player

4. normsplace

normsplace
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The DVD player I am using is a Sony 705, got it plugged into my strdb2000 via the 6 channel input for SACD, been through all the settings onthe DVD and still no joy :confused: