kef 5005 help

normsplace

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have recently purchased the fabulous Kef 5005 package which I am running from a Sony STRDB2000, everything is fine, movies and cd's sound very involving with great clarity and depth. The problem i have got is when I play SACD's, I dont get any base at all from the sub, could someone please tell me where I'm going wrong! :confused:

A lot of the time the bass for multi channel onput is seperate from your settings for Digital output.

Try selecting Multi Channel mode on the amp and upping the bass on that. Also, I think if you have a Pioneer 565 then the bass management for SACD on the player is pretty weak.

Gary A

When you are playing SACD's all of the decoding and bass management is done within the SACD player and the results are output via the 6 channel analogue output to the amp so you need to ensure that the settings are all correct in the DVD player

The DVD player I am using is a Sony 705, got it plugged into my strdb2000 via the 6 channel input for SACD, been through all the settings onthe DVD and still no joy :confused:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom