1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

kef 5005 centre speaker mounting

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by tim k, Sep 8, 2005.

1. tim k

tim k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

ive setup my 5005, and very impressed. the only thing is i cant get the centre speaker to face up. the weight pulls down on the bracket. i have the little screw locked in, but its still too heavy. is there anyway of getting the centre facing straight??

2. wookie

wookie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    turn the wall bracket through 180.
    the whole assembly should tighten as the speaker tries to drop!

a mate of mine found this out when installing them.

3. tim k

tim k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i dont understand, can you explain??

is it right to just mount as the side and rears?? the only exception that the bracket is vertical?? I really cant work this out!

4. trex

trex
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi,

I had the same problem, so I tilted the speaker so it was facing upwards, then kept tightening the screw from underneath using the supplied hexagonally headed allen key - eventually it became tight enough to hold the speaker in place. Assume you have the washers in place.

5. al_cooper

al_cooper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Did you get the center speaker sorted yet Tim? Let us hear your verdict on how the 5005 sound so far!

6. tim k

tim k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Still cant really get the centre set straight. but ill have another fiddle this wkend.

Sound overall is very very good. When i first set it up I was expecting the subwoofer to be a bit muffled but it was actually quite good, after running in it just got better and better. My overall interpretation of the system is just a very clean rich sound with oodles of bass to match very crisp treble sounds. I love the look of the flat speakers, and everyone whos enjoyed a movie with me has said its the best sound theyve ever heard. and very much like the cinema.

It was quite strange for the first 2 weeks around the sub, when you had bare legs next to it it kind of turned your hairs up and made ur leg feel weak, now it just seems invisible. but i wonder if the frequency it was running at had anything to do with that whilst running in.

I am quite tempted to upgrade amps as using a 1903 now. Dad has the 3805 and im intrigued as to whether it would improve the sound much. I may have to convince him into hdmi switching on the 3806 and then inherit the 3805!!

Overall lovely speakers for the money. I have to be honest that I was expecting something out of this world for a grands worth of kef, and unfortunately its just below my expectations, but i really think this is as good as satellites can probably get.

7. al_cooper

al_cooper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I reckon that the sound improves as the speakers get some use, I've had mine about 3 months now and I've noticed an improvement in that time, enjoy!

8. dew

dew
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Can you let me know what price you bought the Kef's at?

9. tim k

tim k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sevenoaks matched creative audios price of 999 with qed silver anniversary cabling and banana plugs for me.

very happy with the price. i work in selfridges and our technology department said that the 999 price is so close to cost price they just cant understand why theyre doing it so cheap. not to mention the qed cabling.

10. dew

dew
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks!