Kef 3005se vs Kef 3005se-w

wibbers9

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone with a little knowledge on these..?

I ordered a set of 3005se the other day and i've basically been sent a set of 3000se-w by mistake, and they are i trying to convince me that as the sub on the wireless version is optional then i should just keep them.?

I'm not a fan of wireless, in my experiance of everything else it doesn't work as well, but in the situation of the Kef's is it worth me just keeping what i've got, and just hard wire the sub.? Or is the wireless sub an inferior part to the wired sub.?

Any help.?

Thanks

The wireless ability is optional and you can choose not to fascilitate the wireless capabilities of the sub. Just hardwire the sub to your amp as per the instructions in the manual supplied with the speaker package.

Thanks dante,

My curiosity got the better of me and i had a look inside the box, the wireless is and optional part that can just be discarded. I may even decide to use it at some point.!

I just didn't want to be getting an inferior sub, but i guess it's prob exactly the same sub, it may just have an extra component inside that the wired version has.?(something that receives the signal from the wireless transmitter)

Thanks again.

Thanks dante,

My curiosity got the better of me and i had a look inside the box, the wireless is and optional part that can just be discarded. I may even decide to use it at some point.!

I just didn't want to be getting an inferior sub, but i guess it's prob exactly the same sub, it may just have an extra component inside that the wired version has.?(something that receives the signal from the wireless transmitter)

Thanks again.

Yes, for all intense purposes it is the exact same sub ;)

It's pretty much the same system with just the added wireless bits for the sub. Originally retailed at £1299 compared with £999 for the standard system. Kef have a little excess stock of the wireless sub so for a limited time customers get the wireless extras for no extra cost.

I don't mean to Hi-jack this thread but I have a set of Kef 3005's which I am progressively upgrading 3005se's.

my question is has anyone else noticed that the black rubber that surrounds the driver and tweeter on the SE version of the speakers seems to be/get faded and look much more grey than this part of the original 3005's?

I have recently got another pair of HTS3005se speakers and whilst the speaker look immaculate the rubber surrounding the driver and tweeter is much lighter than the same section on the 3005 version. It's almost as if they have been bleached by the sun or something. Believing this could be a possibility I have gone about finding the remaining speaker to upgrade my second set up. However, upon seeing other SE's on ebay many of them have the same bleached looking rubber.

I just wondered if any one else had noticed this or knew why it might be the case?

I don't mean to Hi-jack this thread but I have a set of Kef 3005's which I am progressively upgrading 3005se's.

my question is has anyone else noticed that the black rubber that surrounds the driver and tweeter on the SE version of the speakers seems to be/get faded and look much more grey than this part of the original 3005's?

I have recently got another pair of HTS3005se speakers and whilst the speaker look immaculate the rubber surrounding the driver and tweeter is much lighter than the same section on the 3005 version. It's almost as if they have been bleached by the sun or something. Believing this could be a possibility I have gone about finding the remaining speaker to upgrade my second set up. However, upon seeing other SE's on ebay many of them have the same bleached looking rubber.

I just wondered if any one else had noticed this or knew why it might be the case?

Hi Greedy,

I've noticed that too, i' ve not had the original but whenever i look at the pictures online and comparing that to mine i do have seen the difference in the colouring of the rubber but i've only seen this on my centre speaker not on the other speakers thought.

Not to sure what caused it?

Hi Greedy,

I've noticed that too, i' ve not had the original but whenever i look at the pictures online and comparing that to mine i do have seen the difference in the colouring of the rubber but i've only seen this on my centre speaker not on the other speakers thought.

Not to sure what caused it?

I've no idea either it's rather odd, I don't expect to effect the performance of the speakers but it does mean I'm less inclined to remove the grills.

I might post this in it's own thread to see if we can get any more feed back.

At least I don't think, I'm going nuts now!

if you know what caused the problem please let me know, i wish this never happened to my speaker

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom