1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

kef 202c setting?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by BLACK_MAGIC, Jul 11, 2003.

1. BLACK_MAGIC

BLACK_MAGIC
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I've just got my kef 202c today YAY:) and as with the other speakers in this range im utterly blown away by its performance. I was just wondering if others with similar centres have it set as a large or small speaker?
    Thanks to those that help.

2. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not telling..

Jealous!

:p

3. BLACK_MAGIC

BLACK_MAGIC
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
  4. Steve.EX

Steve.EX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    I would set to small or crossover setting at around 70hz - that's certainly how i find mine to perform nicely, what are you using to drive it with out of interest?
    I have just obtained some Tag 125m mono-blocks and am having another love affair with my cd's etc. (Kef 203's/202c/201's and tdm34's)

Steven

5. BLACK_MAGIC

BLACK_MAGIC
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Currently im using a musical fidelity a3.2 power amp but im going to be change that (eventually) to the musical fidelity m250 mono blocks.
    Still its sounds amazing at the moment (to my ears anyway) xbox hasnt sounded so good:)
    Still unsure if its really worth the investment getting 3 monos for the centre and tri-amping. If i buy 3 i was offered them for 650 each if i buy them all together or 725 for them each if i buy 2.

6. Steve.EX

Steve.EX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    Black_Magiic.

Indeed, i have had a similar "result" i just got 2 x 125m's at 1025.00 a pair, these were new in their boxes and a little while ago cost approx 2400.00 a pair, i was so pleased i bullied a retailer into another pair, so i got 4.8K+ of amplification for 2050.00 new!!!
    And i don't care what others have to say i have ALWAYS thought/found the Tag 125/250m modules to be very good amplifiers.
    Tag have also called to say my new (3rd!) AV32R D.P will be with me on Tuesday - utterly bug free - so all in all i am as happy as a pig in the proverbial right now.

Regards

Steven.