KEF 2010 sub broken (I think) HELP!

Fimit

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I just bought a SW2010 sub with 5 eggs and a Yamaha amp.

All works fine except the sub which powers on, gives a green light etc but no sound.

I have set the amp up correctly I think and also plug my phone and a DVD player directly into the amp with no result.

Am I missing something?

Failing that is it worth getting repaired and does anyone know a good repairer in the Chesterfield area.

Gutted!

When my sub went I sent just the control panel to A&J Audio.
They did an excellent repair and sent it back.
Highly recommended.

A&J AUDIO VISUAL

First of all check the set up on the Yamaha amp. Your speakers must be set to small and with a crossover of around 100hz or what ever the room correction has set them. With the sub turned on pull out the RCA from the amp and tap the end of the male RCA lead. You should hear a 'whoop' from the sub if it's working.

Now the bad news. The KEF subs are not the most reliable and a failure could lead to a repair bill that far out weights it's value.

Hi, I have set the speakers to small and messed with the level setting on the amp but no joy, I cannot see an option to change the hz on the amp. It may be a silly question but as the amp RXV640RDS has a sub output can you not simply bypass the subs, maybe dodgy electrics and simply wire an rca from the amp directly onto the 2 spade connectors on the subs actual speaker?

I am being quoted +- £100 to repair the kef and or upgrade it to what it sounds to me should have been the spec to begin with.

No. The sub output on the AVR is line level so needs an amplifier before you can connect it to the driver. You could take the sub-out into another amplifier and then wire that to the sub, but at that point it might just be easier to get a new sub.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom