1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kef 200C price?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by sticker, Mar 15, 2003.

1. sticker

sticker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is £595 a good price for a brand new Kef 200C?

I don't want to buy a second hand item so if this isn't a good price can anyone point me in the direction of a "economical" retailer.

Regards
    John

2. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well the rrp is £700.

I got mine for £350, sec/hand with 1 year warranty. Make you own mind whether £600 is a good price.

[edit] I doubt that Sherwood amp will drive the Kef 200 (Unless you're gonna buy them Rotels soon as use them instead?)

I would remove that nice expensive kit list- bit of a open invitation if you ask me....

3. Mark Ward

Mark Ward

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    £595 Sounds like a pretty great price to me at 15% off. You will need some serious amplification to make it perform at it's best though.

Very good match for your 4.2s. It is a BIG centre though, won't fit on that Telly.

Mark.

4. sticker

sticker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nathan, you certainly got a bargin there mate. Going to change the Shewood very soon, waiting to hear the new Rotel RSP1098 before I go the Arcam or Tag route. Take the point re the new kit, thanks for the tip. :)

Mark, thanks for that, I was hoping that you would reply to this question as I knew you had 4.2's :)

Regards
    John

5. Mark Ward

Mark Ward

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Actually I had 2.2's. I'm Currently using Celestion A2's for front with the an A4C Centre.

I had the A4C with my 2.2's and found it to be excellent. I compared it to the Model200 using 3.2 fronts and really couldn't choose between them.

Since I already had the A4C I didn't change for the Model200.

My goal is to go for new Kef Refs at some point soon but right now more boring things like carpet & curtain need to be installed to further improve/dampen my room sound.

FWIW. If I had neither centre and wanted to match to 4.2's I'd also choose the Model200, though I'd try out the new Ref202C and see how well it worked with them.

Others say you have to have exact drive match but I found the extra clarity and high end offered by a titanium tweeter on the centre to be a great benefit.

Mark.

6. sticker

sticker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mark, oh dear my memory isn't what it was, still not bad for a 95 year old............................oops there I go again forgot I was 42;) :blush: :blush: