1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KEF 200c - Help needed!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by mikeaitch, Nov 23, 2001.

1. mikeaitch

mikeaitch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    Guys-

Can someone with a 200c please measure the distance between the outsides of the cutouts for the two bass units? I need to make a cutout for a new grille as I'm mounting my centre INSIDE my fire surround, which I'm modifying to accept the speaker with a new grille. As the drive units don't extend to the full width of the speaker, I should be able to cut down the size of the grille to just the width of the drive units.

I'm using the 100c at the moment, which is ported. Will this affect the performance of the speaker unduly? I plan to upgrade to the 200c as funds allow,which is a sealed box, so need to modify with the 200 in mind. L&R are KEF Reference ci2000 in walls

PS, I've not heard of anyone trying this, does anyone think I'm mad apart from the other half?:p

2. pegFACE

pegFACE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ooh

fancy selling me your 100c :D

3. BadAss

BadAss
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    The grill measures 27.5 inches exactly and the drive units measure 5.5 inches across. Hope it fits like a glove when you get it m8.

4. mikeaitch

mikeaitch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    Thanks Badass

what I need is the distance between the outer edges of the bass units ie the smallest grille width that would still allow the units to operate. Sorry , it's my poor vocab letting me down.

Pegface- I'm probably going to put the 100 at centre rear where my 95c is currently, but will let you know if I go for rear dipoles instead
    :)

5. pegFACE

pegFACE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No Problem mate

Just give us a shout if you wanna sell

6. PhilCTTE

PhilCTTE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    At last I've found someone who has used the Ref ci2000.... how do you find them. I have been considering these in walls for some time ... but as yet have not been brave enough to get rid of my kef105/3. I was planning tidying up my AV setup to be more room friendly as I currently have two ASW800 B&W subs with the kefs and 200C ontop of a 41" projection TV ... Just waiting for funds for a plasma to remove them all and sink the subs in the wall...

Anyway back to the point what did you replace with the inwalls ...
    My dealer says that you just can't get a good a sound form in walls and subs as with a proper floor stander...

I find the kef105/3's great on every level apart from bass (which is why I have the two subs). This causes other problems tho and I'm looking for an external cross over to better intergrate the subs/kefs which are runiing from a Y splitter.

Any feedback ?