1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KEF 2005's & Denon 2105, 2805, Yamaha DSP-AX750 ?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by ferrett, Apr 14, 2005.

Tags:
  1. ferrett

ferrett
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just bought a set of the KEF Egg 2005.2's and am undecided which receiver to opt for. The receivers in question are the Denon 2105, the Denon 2805 and the Yamaha DSP-AX750SE.

Is the Denon 2105 man enough to do a decent job with the KEF's, or would I be better off opting for one of the other receivers? How does the Higher spec Denon (2805) compare to the Yamaha and the 2105, bearing in mind the price difference between them. Any response would be greatly appreciated.

2. Harry T2

Harry T2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hi ferret and welcome to the forum.

The question has been asked several times, and a search of the forum will produce a lot of useful info on matching amps with eggs.

IMHO, the 2805 is a much better amp in stereo mode than the 2105, however the Eggs are not the best in this regard, so I don't see the 2805 has offering anything to you. For movies the 2105 is perfectly adequate.

Equally, the differences between the Yamaha and 2105 will come down to personal preferences. Either would be a fine chice.

3. ferrett

ferrett
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers Harry thanks for the advice, I'll have to arrange some demos so I can see which I think is best for me, my wallet and my 'Do we have to have that bloody great thing under our tele' wife.