1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KEF 2005 wall mounting versatility ?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Jules12, Nov 27, 2001.

1. Jules12

Jules12

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I am thinking to buy some eggs for a 7.1 set up (KHT2005 with extra two satellites). Has anyone got this set up if so how does it sound?
    My problem will be I need to set the rear surround speakers in the corner of the room near the ceiling, one on each wall if you know what I mean. Are the eggs able to rotate on the horizontal to a number of degrees or can they only fix on their side? i.e. like for centre channel. Obviously if they cannot rotate they would face away from the listening point and I am not sure how that would sound.
    Any help gratefully received.

2. dochall

dochall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I something similar though only 5.1

The base that the eggs come on unsrcrews using an allen bolt. There is the same bolt on the back which you can swap with the hole that the base come on.

I have them vertically mounted on the wall and you get the same kind of adjustment that you get when they're on the normal base.

3. Jules12

Jules12

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Thanks for that, but i do not know how much adjustment you get when they are on the normal stands.
    So am I corretc in thinking that I can have them mounted vertically on the wall, with the speakers facing down a bit and towards the left and right appropiately ?
    Sorry to keep banging on about this I just want to get it right?

4. flunchy

flunchy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The stand consists of a 'foot' connected to the speaker via a ball joint. There is quite a range of movement available via this joint. In addition there are a number of mounting points for the stand on the speaker casing, so you should be able to mount the speakers any way you wish.