KEF 2005 package

A

AV Freak

Hi All

Just connected up the Kef Package and i am very pleased with the response and performance using my Denon 3802. However I would like to check if I have set the Subwoofer up correctly. I have a cable from the Subwoofer output on the back of the 3802 going into one of the line in inputs on the back of the SW, is this correct?

Also should I play around with the factory set dials on the back?

If anyone else has this system i would be keen to hear about your settings and set up.

Thanks

You´ll need to set the Denon´s Speaker setup options to all speakers small and have all the bass directed to the subwoofer. Set the crossover of the Denon to either 80hz or 120hz (try the two settings to see which you prefer). Set the crossover on the subwoofer itself to MAX and the volume to around halfway. If it has a phase control then you may need to adjust that as well.

Then you´ll be able to fine tune the volume setting via the Denon´s SW channel level. As mentioned in the post in the amps section you´ll need to balance all the channel levels.

Make sure all your speaker distance delay times are set before you start to balance the channel levels.

I have found that if you only have one cable that you need a Y connector for the kef sub which allows it to perform much better. Dont know why this is but it has certainly made the difference to my sub

Originally posted by rjcowan
I have found that if you only have one cable that you need a Y connector for the kef sub which allows it to perform much better. Dont know why this is but it has certainly made the difference to my sub

Can you explain this more please? I have my sub connected via a single cable going from my 3802's sub out to the amps Left Line In connector. Is this wrong? Are you recommending I get a cable that goes from 3802 sub out to both left line in and right line in?

Since it is a sub I was expecting it to have a single input rather then left and right. I'm really confused as to why this single input is not there.

phoTToniq.

It is only a mono feed and therefore only one phono input is necessary (and frequently subs only have one input) but many people find that the sub performs better if the signal is split between both sub phono inputs.

I've just bought an Ixos 1081 sub phono lead which seems to have decent gold plated connectors. Where should I look for a decent-ish Y connector that won't lose me the quality of signal the Ixos is providing?

Splitting the line into 2 RCA's, potentially lowers the noise floor and rejects interference.

You could make some good quality splitters or to be honest buy some of the shelf items. Try to get one that is housed in hard plastic (Doesn't actually have any cable runs, most have a short cable run like 10cm) This way you are less likely to degarde the signal.

I could twell you where they are available from Australia but that won't help you much! :)

Thanks, Krisko. I think I'll post this as a separate thread since it's 'buried' a bit deep in here and I doubt it'll get many viewings.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom