1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kef 2005.2/Yammy RXV740 help required please

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Juzminator, Jun 15, 2004.

1. Juzminator

Juzminator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hello guys - been a long while since I posted in this section, and I'm probably gonna get moaned at for not searching for this particular query, but I didnae know what to bung in the search box...blah...blah...blah :suicide:

Anyway - the question is this: will setting all my Kef 2005's to "Large" via my Yam RXV740RDS lead to damaging them? I'm well aware of the addendum that came with my eggs stating that it will muck them up, but I just wondered if anyone had *gasp* ignored such warnings with no ill long-term effects?

Replies just quoting the bit about the addendum and "there's your answer, pal" will ensue, I'm sure. ;)

The reason I ask is that they just sound so much better all round with the "large" setting - there's actually enough bass to render music more than listenable without the need of the sub. Sure, the eggs are never gonna win any prizes for music reproduction, but this change improves things quite a lot.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Andywilliams

Andywilliams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Hi Justin
    Yes and no,At low volumes it probably would be ok but if you were to turn it up you would more than likely blow your speakers,
    So set them to small. :lesson:
    Cheers Gonzo. :)
    Ps dvd would be more risky than music.

3. wookie

wookie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Set your speakers all up as "small" for DVD.

Run a pair of analogue interconnects to the amplifers 6 or 7.1 external input for the front speakers from your analogue outs on DVD player/Cd player.

When you watch DVD's you will be using bass management in the receiver.

Press EXT in (if you must) and listen to the Eggs "Full Range" without bass management or sub.

4. Juzminator

Juzminator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Then maybe I shouldn't have just sound-tested The Fast And The Furious (DTS) with them set to "large" :oops:

Everything appears to be OK though. Looks like I may have escaped being a bit of a Joey this time.

Thanks for the other reply, too wookie. :smashin: