1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kef 2005.2 or Tannoy M1, M3 Centre and Sub?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Ellispa, Jun 21, 2004.

1. Ellispa

Ellispa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Hi All

I currently have the Tannoy M1, M3, Centre and MXSub system of a few years back, that has seen me in good stead for a fantastic price.

However, due to the size of these things, I'm thinking of 'upgrading' to the Kef 2005.2, because they are small and nice and apparently sound great.

Question is, will I be disappointed with the sound of a sub sat combi in comparison with these fairly meaty floor standers.

It really is a cosmetic change I'm after, as I'm perfectly happy with the Tannoys, but the room isn't big enough for them and the other furniture, so somethings got to give.

If the Kef will sound better and is smaller and cuter, well, its a no brainer. But if they won't sound better, but may even sound worse, well, thats a big price to pay for a cosmetic change.

Any help or advice greatly appreciated. Unfortunately, I can't demo anywhere near, but would do so before parting with the cash.

Cheers

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    If you are talking about using the KEF Eggs for film use you could well be pleasantly surprised if you set them up carefully and your room isn't too large but many people seem to have been disappointed with their abilities when playing music.

3. Ellispa

Ellispa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Yep, its films that I'm most interested in. I had read about the somewhat lacklustre Music reproduction, but its the slam in movies that I'm most concerned about losing. Seems like I may be okay on that score.

Cheers for the response.