1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kef 2005.2 eggs replaced any time soon?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by ccparkhill, Jul 30, 2005.

1. ccparkhill

ccparkhill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Thinking of getting a set but want to make sure the Kef 2005.2 eggs aren't going to be replaced any time soon. Otherwise I'll hang on, either for the new model or a bargain price on the current eggs.

Anybody heard anything?

2. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,237
    I have spoken to Kef about this who have informed me there is not a replacement on the cards in the near future. This is due to their decision to restructure their pricing to £600 for the package and hence a continued interest in this product. I reckon it might be some point next year before any hint of a replacement is due.

3. whoever

whoever
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So wheres the cheapest place to get hold of these ??
    I see play.com are doing them for £500, but I think I remember reading a post that they don't offer the same UK warranty as elsewhere ??

4. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,237
    Cheap, cheap, cheap. Sounds like the bird outside my window.

If you want them cheap then buy from Play. If you want a proper warranty and aftersales service then pay £600 from anywhere else, although a lot of places including Sevenoaks are supplying a free pair of floor stands at this price too. Providing unlimited advice, demo facilites and an aftersales service you can actually talk to face to face is not free you know. You can't have your cake and eat it, decide which is more important to you.

5. ccparkhill

ccparkhill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Hi-Fi Bitz and Creative Audio are doing them for £600 with 30 metres of QED Silver Anniversary speaker cable and a subwoofer cable worth a total of £175, phone round your local dealers and see if they will match it or do a deal without the cable or even a mixture of cable and stands. That’s what I’m planning to do, should work out cheaper than play.

Thanks for the clarification Crustyloafer

6. b33k34

b33k34

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There's an advert for them at £500 in What Home Cinema at the moment from one of the regular bargain places.