KEF 2000 & 3000 wall mount question?

fortisflyer75

Established Member
Reaction score
:lease:

I have currently the 2000 egg range but am looking to replace the centre speaker with the 3000 model but can anyone who knows or from experience if the wall bracket on the 3000 centre speaker is different from the 2000 range or have a photo they could show?

Reason I ask is I am decorating the bedroom and with the cove just put in I would need to cut where the bracket needs to go as I do not have any more room to lower this and am hoping maybe the 3000 centre speaker bracket if different with any luck might be lower profile so I do not have to cute a bracket shape into the coving!

Was hoping KEF made the brackets they do now on the 2000 range with the screw mounts the other way around so it is technically in a landscape mode as opposed to the portrait way they mount on the wall currently.

Any one who can help on this is greatly appreciated as I am in a race against time as i have the carpets been fitted bank holiday weekend coming up and if I have to cut the cove rather make the mess before the carpets go in!

The centre from the 3000 range does not have a wall bracket

Thanks for letting me know Quantum AV, that is a big bummer to say the least.
I thought it could be mounted on the wall as the only photo I have seen on Google images does show the 3000 on the wall but is not clear in been able to establish what bracket it is or how it is fixed, although it looked distinctively similar maybe to my 2000 brackets mounts.

I have no option but to have a wall bracket as there is no room to have a centre speaker on a stand or table.

Looks like I will be cutting out a kef bracket shape into my cove for the current egg and shelf the idea of a 3000 centre speaker.

Shame KEF did not keep the consistency of having this centre speaker if not wall mounted considering it is still technically a satalite speaker which some people including me might need a wall only option mount.

cheers anyway ; )

Can you put a small shelf in place to put it on?

Wished I could, this is my problem, if I did that I would not be able to walk past the bed to get out, my fault for getting a huge king size bed really that dominates the width of the bedroom with it's length! Anyway I have buried the cables into the wall for all eternity so needs to be mounted on wall.

Still can't believe KEF have not made the 3000 model wall mountable, won't get over that one: )

Wished I could, this is my problem, if I did that I would not be able to walk past the bed to get out, my fault for getting a huge king size bed really that dominates the width of the bedroom with it's length! Anyway I have buried the cables into the wall for all eternity so needs to be mounted on wall.

Still can't believe KEF have not made the 3000 model wall mountable, won't get over that one: )

It's only the centre as it is much bigger than the rest of the speakers. A small shelf just to mount the centre is the the way to go as that will take less room than mounting the speaker with the bracket behind it.

Why do you wish to replace the current centre?

A) possibility if the 3000 had a different wall bracket to my original concern for thread started which might mean avoiding cutting out coving for 2000 style mounting bracket. B) prices for 2nd hand 3000 centre speaker not bad currently making it a reasonable upgrade to the 2000 for the centre at a reasonable price if i did get one.

It's only the centre as it is much bigger than the rest of the speakers. A small shelf just to mount the centre is the the way to go as that will take less room than mounting the speaker with the bracket behind it.

Might be an option I have to look at reluctantly but I have had to mount the centre unusually above the plasma so need to angle it down which the wall brackets are great at doing which would be hard to replicate with a shelf.
"My wife call's it been fussy, I say it is looking for perfection!"

Appreciate the brain storm though, you are 100% sure though the 3000 does not have a wall mount bracket for it Quantam as I thought I see one listed ages ago stating they where keeping the bracket for their 3000 centre and albeit only one poor Google photo of it there was one showing it on what seemed a KEf wall bracket? I am hoping you maybe wrong at this point instead of me! lol

Thanks anyway, I will just have to probably cut a bracket outline into that cove sometime this week:eek:

It doesn't come with a bracket but you may be able to fit a bracket from one of the others. I haven't tried it so I can't be sure but your 2005 bracket may work.

I've just been looking at my wall-mounted 2005.1's and I've noticed that the stand/bracket when orientated vertically (as it would be for the front/rears) doesn't go as high up on the wall as when orientated horizontally as it would be for the centre. Have you tried mounting the centre's stand/bracket vertically, but then twisting the centre speaker through 90 deg on the ball joint so the speaker itself was orientated horizontally.

It doesn't come with a bracket but you may be able to fit a bracket from one of the others. I haven't tried it so I can't be sure but your 2005 bracket may work.

I've just been looking at my wall-mounted 2005.1's and I've noticed that the stand/bracket when orientated vertically (as it would be for the front/rears) doesn't go as high up on the wall as when orientated horizontally as it would be for the centre. Have you tried mounting the centre's stand/bracket vertically, but then twisting the centre speaker through 90 deg on the ball joint so the speaker itself was orientated horizontally.

Sorry for delay in reply, been a hectic last few days..... Cheer's Mike, but that is the way I have my centre speaker, it is actually having the bracket vertically that is the problem with it running into the coving, the speaker is fine and fits okay. If only the bracket had the screw hole slots so it could be mounted horizontally as well would of been eureka moment for Kef to mount it this way as also it would of made more logical sense for them to of done this to match the horizontal affect of the centre speaker.

Ended up phoning Kef just to make sure there was not any updated or alternative bracket they maybe now done before I cut a nice hole into the cove and for any one else who may be stuck in this one in a million chance quandary it turns out the 3001 series centre speaker does have a bracket which is essentially the same height as the 2001 series bracket and only has screw holes mounted for a vertical position.

Thanks for all the advice from those who posted on this. Hopefully Kef might one day just add both Vertical and Horizontal screw holes on the back just for that flexibility for awkward people like myself!

Sorry for delay in reply, been a hectic last few days..... Cheer's Mike, but that is the way I have my centre speaker, it is actually having the bracket vertically that is the problem with it running into the coving, the speaker is fine and fits okay. If only the bracket had the screw hole slots so it could be mounted horizontally as well would of been eureka moment for Kef to mount it this way as also it would of made more logical sense for them to of done this to match the horizontal affect of the centre speaker.

Ended up phoning Kef just to make sure there was not any updated or alternative bracket they maybe now done before I cut a nice hole into the cove and for any one else who may be stuck in this one in a million chance quandary it turns out the 3001 series centre speaker does have a bracket which is essentially the same height as the 2001 series bracket and only has screw holes mounted for a vertical position.

Thanks for all the advice from those who posted on this. Hopefully Kef might one day just add both Vertical and Horizontal screw holes on the back just for that flexibility for awkward people like myself!

The 2001 series centre bracket can be mounted horizontally, but be aware that if you can mount it this way the speaker terminal connections are at the opposite end to the hole in the mounting bracket. The keyhole slots just work horizontally when mounted this way. See dodgy photos below.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369558697.096402.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369558711.172546.jpg

Last edited:
The 2001 series centre bracket can be mounted horizontally, but be aware that if you can mount it this way the speaker terminal connections are at the opposite end to the hole in the mounting bracket. The keyhole slots just work horizontally when mounted this way. See dodgy photos below.

View attachment 399182

View attachment 399184

Thanks for showing pics of bracket, left enough length to do connection like that coming out of wall. To be honest I was not sure if bracket would be okay that way round with the way holes are located so did not take the risk. I may try this later on now I have seen it this way, would just have to use an off cut of cove to fill the section I already cut out to have it vertical!

Thanks for showing us it is possible to go that way and hold okay.

Since my question is quite related to this one I am hijacking this thread :)

I have a KEF 2001 range 4x wall mounted.
Now if I would upgrade to the KEF 3001 range, can I use the same wall brackets so I can just replace the speakers itself ? Would make it ALOT easier ofcourse.
Thanks for the info guys!

Hi davie82, I upgraded from 2001 series to 3001 and brackets are the same:)

Although I was selling my 2001 series I took the brackets off still as the serial number on the brackets match the speakers and box they came with. Im a bit anal like that but thought best to keep them together when selling them.

Great !
Thanks for the reply !
Another question : was it worth it for you to upgrade when looking at it now? Do you hear alot of differences? Mind you I got another subwoofer (REL) so I am only upgrading the five speakers.

And another question : how can I know and/or see that I got the SE version and not the regular one?

Hi Daffie82,

Yes, there is a big difference between the 3001 & 2001 with the sat speakers especially music, but they have more detail and a fuller sound which makes the 2001 then sound a bit hollow, boxed in compared to the 3001's. Kef done a good job with the next model up.

The SE version had the cone upgraded which is known as the tangerine cone which has a grille like metal look in the centre cone instead of the normal rounded dome in the middle although it is supposed to improve imaging and detail from what I heard between the original version and the SE model is not worth losing so much sleep over unlike the upgrade in sound in comparison between the 2001 & 3001 series.

But the SE does look cooler if you have the grilles off and will bring some benefit in performance whether you hear it or not? plus the original version is that much more cheaper on the second hand market to what the SE price commands even though that will in time possibly go down a bit with the new generation that replaced the 3001 comes onto the second hand market in the masses over time.

Sounds like you have already improved the sub department so are set there, good as the KEF sub is for the money. I use mine as it is a second set up in our bedroom which impressed the wife with my drilling out walls to hide all the cables just to home a mini Odeon where we sleep!

Hope that helped and enjoy noticing the difference when or if you go to 3001 sats!

i was only able to get the center from the 3005 se series. I called like 20 shops but nobody got the 3001 satellites. Payed 99 euros for demo of the center. Hope its an improvement and maybe i can still find the satellites from the 3005 SE series somewhere for a good price.

EDIT : my new center is certainly not worse than the previous one. Good upgrade for 99 euros I think. Now lets hope I can still find the other satellites somewhere.

Last edited:
Hey guys
I am able to get 4 x hts 3001 SE satallites (3 brand new, 1 demo in excellent condition) for EUR 550. I get 5 year warranty for it.
Should I go for it? Good price? Considering I should get around EUR 250 for my 5 hts 2002.2 satellites I could upgrade for EUR 300.
Thanks for the advice.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom