• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Kef 1005 Or Tannoy Efx5.1

hanksey

which speakers would be best have just bought the denon 1907 and have upto £250 to spend on speakers any recommendations cheers.

slowpoke

I have the efx but I reckon the Kefs would be better, look better too....I am going to upgrade to some Gallos next year I think

dingwall

Banned
I have the Jamo A102 HCS 5, and it gets my unreserved recommendation if you're looking for speakers that small. Easily better than the Kef 3005 and 5005s (and the Gallos), so I guess the 1005s as well. Never heard the Tannoys though I'd have probably given them a listen/trial if it weren't for the looks, as I do find their Mercury range is pretty good at getting big sound from small drivers, so who knows.

PS If you're looking for some Gallos going spare at a good price, let me know slowpoke!

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom