Keeping weight off

tredman

Distinguished Member
Had no idea there was a health and fitness sub!

I've lost a lot of weight over the past few months - around 20Kg since mid May (I am 6'4 and was 118Kg). I'm nearing the point at which I will no longer be overweight for possibly the first time in my adult life. I've done this by calorie counting and exercise - cycling mainly, once per day for around an hour.

I read a lot about people putting the weight back on so I'm interested in hearing how people keep weight off.

I definitely plan to keep up with the exercise as I really enjoy cycling, but I know it will be more difficult in the winter. I have a rowing machine which I will use more.

Any tips / suggestions are very welcome.

BB3Lions

Distinguished Member
I definitely plan to keep up with the exercise as I really enjoy cycling, but I know it will be more difficult in the winter. I have a rowing machine which I will use more.

Any tips / suggestions are very welcome.

Throw all your chubby clothes at the charity shop, buy clothes that fit you?

Well done, i am down 5kg in 5 weeks, need ot keep going but the liftstyle change is harder than going to the gym.

tredman

Distinguished Member
Throw all your chubby clothes at the charity shop, buy clothes that fit you?

Well done, i am down 5kg in 5 weeks, need ot keep going but the liftstyle change is harder than going to the gym.
Done that! It’s ace, had a massive pile of clothes to get rid of - down side is that I have very few clothes now. If I ever go back to an office full time it’s going to cost me a fortune.

Lifestyle change has been my aim too, it was made a little bit easier by not working away. I’m not a fan of gyms so that makes it a bit tricky too. Biggest help has been MyFitnessPal and Fitbit really.

BB3Lions

Distinguished Member
I hated gyms until i went in one local to me, no egos, no hassle, i go at 4pm when it is quiet, do my stuff and leave. The atmosphere helps with motivation, and of course, seeing other people work out does

tredman

Distinguished Member
I have considered it, but the one local to me doesn't open until 6.30 and thats too late for me. Plus I love getting outside for a ride on the bike every morning, thats my main concern - what to do when that is not possible.

Wardy257

The stuff you did to lose weight, you have to keep doing it. Well that's the basics.

You could replace those good habits for other good habits. But good habits must remain.

tredman

Distinguished Member
The stuff you did to lose weight, you have to keep doing it. Well that's the basics.

You could replace those good habits for other good habits. But good habits must remain.

I’m kinda hoping I can be a little more relaxed. I’ve been keeping at around 1600 to 1900 calories a day and 45 mins exercise every day for 4 months. Not going to lie it is a little boring at times, I’d definitely like to have more than 2 beers a week for a start!

Was planning on going to around 2000-2200 calories a day and 30-45 mins exercise 5 times a day, my only concern is I really want to keep in the routine and that will be more difficult as times go on. When (if!) I ever go back to working overseas I think that will be the most difficult point.

RicksonGracie1972

Distinguished Member
30-45 mins exercise 5 times a day,
Wow, 5 times a day. I'd imagine you'll have no trouble keeping the pounds off training that much :)

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom