Keeping up with the pace of technology??

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by daleski75, Apr 19, 2007.

Tags:
  1. daleski75

daleski75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    With the current pace of technology, every 6 months a new better improved super duper all singing all dancing LCD TV coming out..

How many would consider upgrading their TV if they see a new model which is much better than what they have now for the same price?

2. Mickle

Mickle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I probably would. However the missus would probably beat me to death with it! :eek:

3. ANGUZ

ANGUZ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    As with most technology, by the time it gets to the shops, theres always a better one in the pipeline, espeically in the UK as we`re always behind everyone else in the pecking order of releases.

Get the best one you can afford, if you wait for a better one.... theres always another better one, so you`ll never get one lol :rolleyes:

4. daleski75

daleski75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    I would consider upgrading if the TV is visibily better than the one I own and I could afford it of course, one of the benefits to being single with a disposable income!

And I agree there is always something better around the corner!

5. Flashman

Flashman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Mmm, I have already owned several lcd tv's...Started out with a Toshiba 32WL something (I think), only to find out shortly after its component inputs were soo last year as DVi was the new standard.

Swopped it for a Toshiba 30WL46 with DVi, hurrah....Except I then find out that the DVi was not HDCP enabled for Sky/HD DVD/Blu Ray etc.

Next, 26" Dell lcd as I had a cracking deal on a new one, not bad, but not good either.

Replaced shortly after with a Toshiba 42WLT58 when it was released, quite happy with it really...until only six weeks after buying it as a "new model", they announce its replacement, the 42WLT66 with full 1920 by 1080i resolution.....NOOOOOOO:eek:

Sold this last week and tomorrow my next shiny lcd arrives....Samsung LE46m87BDX.

I have spent loads on technology and I know this set is already past it, no 100hz or 1080 24hz support, but it will do, for now:)

6. Oakwood

Oakwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I rent and change every year!!!

7. daleski75

daleski75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    Wow thats a lot of TV's I think I have owned less TV's since the first one I ever had, a Mitsubishi, Sony then a Panasonic and now a Samsung!

I am tempted with the LE40M86 but unsure how much better it is than the TV I already own.

8. IanSimmons

IanSimmons

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    That's interesting... who do you rent with, and what sort of prices do they charge? And do they tie you into long-term deals?
    This may be a way of convincing the missus that 42" isn't really that big..! ;)