• Leave with no deal

Votes: 122 74.4%
  • Leave with the WA without the backstop

Votes: 42 25.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Meanwhile Macron pours scorn on NATO and says the EU can defend itself.

French president Emmanuel Macron said he believed Nato was undergoing "brain death", criticising the lack of coordination between Europe and the US, and Turkey's unilateral action in Syria in an interview on Thursday.

Music to Putin's ears.
So Macron can start championing is EU Military instead.

I'm sure Putin has dirt on Trump and manipulating him. Everything he's done is diminishing US on world stage and creating conflict between alies.

Cue the "there will not be a an EU army" brigade.... :rolleyes:

We will not , as we are leaving the EU . Self doubt ..squeaky bum time ?

I'm sure Putin has dirt on Trump and manipulating him. Everything he's done is diminishing US on world stage and creating conflict between alies.

Is not Trumps mantra America First ? Is not leaving the EU , UK first ?

If Russia invaded the Ukraine and then on to Poland what would the EU do about it?
Nothing, because they need Russian gas.

If the EU decided to fight a war with Russia, should the UK get involved? Given their attitude towards paying into NATO, I doubt it.

If Russia invaded the Ukraine and then on to Poland what would the EU do about it?
Nothing, because they need Russian gas.

If the EU decided to fight a war with Russia, should the UK get involved? Given their attitude towards paying into NATO, I doubt it.

Does it matter? One nuke goes then 3000* more follow. Only France & UK could even touch them.

We have about 300 between us.

The Nuclear Deterent we have (that Corbyn wants to give up) may encourage them to stop at France & UK.

*Assumption that 50% dont work.

Last edited:
No for this:

I don't condone anyone breaking the law and can't wait till cash is fully replaced so that "Money in Hand" jobs can't happen avoiding tax like most of us have to pay.

And no, I've always had work done for me with receipt, warranty and paid VAT as needed.
No everyone who gets paid in cash avoids paying tax. Do you also get a receipt from the person who mows your lawn or cleans your windows?

No everyone who gets paid in cash avoids paying tax. Do you also get a receipt from the person who mows your lawn or cleans your windows?

Lazy! I mow my own lawns and wash my own car. Window cleaner now does Bank Transfer for payment.

I have a few builder/trade mates and all earn double what they declare.

Wow this is a funny old world we live in where AV members target of a tax dodge is a lil cash in hand and the likes of Amazon , Google etc rake in billions without paying due tax. What's good enough for them big guys is good enough for all.

Wow this is a funny old world we live in where AV members target of a tax dodge is a lil cash in hand and the likes of Amazon , Google etc rake in billions without paying due tax. What's good enough for them big guys is good enough for all.

The Single Market working as designed. :smashin:

Lazy! I mow my own lawns and wash my own car. Window cleaner now does Bank Transfer for payment.

I have a few builder/trade mates and all earn double what they declare.
Not everybody has the ability to do their own gardening - OAP's for example - so nothing to do with being lazy is it?
Have a word with your mates and explain that if everyone avoided paying the correct amount of tax did so, then the system collapses. A bit like fare dodging on the transport system. Some people think HMRC are a bit thick and they will never be investigated. Trust me they have their spreadsheets, systems and so on to ensure a builder, gardener or electrician will expect to earn a certain amount per year. And that spreadsheet will differ depending on the regiion of the country. Just because they haven't been investigated yet doesn't mean they will get away with it forever. Once they are investigated their life, and those of their family members, will become a misery. You are probably paying more income tax because your mates are paying less.
My advice is free and worth every penny!

Last edited:
Not everybody has the ability to do their own gardening - OAP's for example - so nothing to do with being lazy is it?
Have a word with your mates and explain that if everyone avoided paying the correct amount of tax did so, then the system collapses.

My constant argument with them :( Exactly what I say to them. One of them did get investigated by HMRC and they had their arses covered. Biggest problem for them recently is how to get rid of all the old £20 notes they have in time!

I agree regarding big corporations but with many tradesman (& gardeners etc.) their will be a large amount of tax being avoided there too. A cashless economy (as its going) will eliminate most of that.

My Mum is 80 and my uncle is 78. They both still do their own gardening. We are rugged & tight up here in Yorkshire :D

Last edited:
Wow just read a few pages to catch up as not seen this before, seems like being in a Berlin bar in 1934 :D

by a tiny amounts in the ‘.x’ of a percentage point range.

whilst saying there would be a near term boost. They also made no comment on long term beyond 3 years.

a tiny price to pay for what I see as future prosperity and sovereignty.

I keep coming back to it - the price of everything the value of nothing.

"sovereignty" could you point out where this has been lost whilst being in the EU? I'm curious, as it is a word that the leavers love yet when we show we still have soverignty they don't like it (court case saying proroguing of parliament was unlawful).

"sovereignty" could you point out where this has been lost whilst being in the EU? I'm curious, as it is a word that the leavers love yet when we show we still have soverignty they don't like it (court case saying proroguing of parliament was unlawful).
Straight away I can think of two:
1. EU law overrides UK statute law.
2. EU rules, directives and decisions undermine parliamentary democracy.

you are wasting your effort, the arguments against yours completely ignore the fact that for 30+ years "we" are the EU, we had the same opportunity for creating the legislation that rules the EU as anyone else.
Separatist mentality sees the EU as a entity that is totally distinct from the UK and therefore cannot align the fact of losing sovereignty over the UK is gaining sovereignty over europe.

1. EU law overrides UK statute law.
EU law is made with full input by UK representatives both appointed (by the Government) and directly elected by the people. The said laws also offer significant discretion to the relevant member state on how they are implemented.

2. EU rules, directives and decisions undermine parliamentary democracy.
EU rules, directives and decisions are subject to EU Parliamentary scrutiny. Indeed, given the EU elections use regional lists, they represent a far more democratic system than the Westminster elections. Furthermore the Westminster Parliament also has the ability and opportunity to scrutinise and influence how EU laws are enacted.

It is ironic that you raise this at the very time a British Prime Minister has called a General Election because he doesn't like his actions and laws being subject to Parliamentary scrutiny!

Don't have any doubt that it will.

I posted it in the wrong thread, but in the GE thread I posted a bit more than Panavision did about Johnson's ideas toward NI and the deal.

If he's really scrutinised on this aspect of it, he'll flounder. And I expect Farage in particular to pounce.

Boris seems to suggest that there is no need with checks, but I doubt he can allow this. I think he is lying or doesn't know what he agreed to.

Boris seems to suggest that there is no need with checks, but I doubt he can allow this. I think he is lying or doesn't know what he agreed to.

He can't allow it. So he's breaking the deal, lying, or doesn't understand it.

Not understanding it is probably the worst, as he wanted Parliament to pass it in a matter days. And after weeks he still doesn't get it himself. Farcical.

Equally indefensible as it is remarkable.

Let's hope this sort of contradiction is brought up in the debates.

Lets start by saying this isn't a defence but a question...

Is he not actually (potentially) correct, it would surely be for the UK prime-minister to decide if there will be checks on goods going from NI to the rUK - goods going the other way which could then make their way into the EU would be the issue if I am not mistaken., or am I mistaken?

Lets start by saying this isn't a defence but a question...

Is he not actually (potentially) correct, it would surely be for the UK prime-minister to decide if there will be checks on goods going from NI to the rUK - goods going the other way which could then make their way into the EU would be the issue if I am not mistaken., or am I mistaken?

If only it were that simple(like Boris)
As I understand it, if he is to retain the Good Friday agreement there must be no hard border between north and south, if he doesn't do checks on transit between NI and the rUK then there is essentially no border between the EU and the rUK, not what any brexiter wants otherwise there is no point to brexit ("Taking back control" of the borders etc )

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom