• Leave with no deal

Votes: 122 74.4%
  • Leave with the WA without the backstop

Votes: 42 25.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. He asked a week ago but as it's irreversible admin ask people to sit on it for a week. He logged on today to request that it be actioned.

Very sad. One of the very few who genuinely knew what he was talking about and didn't rely on Facebook memes for his arguments or opinions. I didn't agree with his conclusions (re Brexit) but I couldn't disagree with the evidence he used to back them up.

Disappointing.

Last edited:
What, closed his account?
I quite liked his exaggerated online persona but, alas, it didn't seem to work for him. I am sure we will see him again in some other form.

Moving on, I see the Bank of England is now modelling its economic predictions on the Johnson deal - and has slashed future growth forecasts accordingly!

Moving on, I see the Bank of England is now modelling its economic predictions on the Johnson deal - and has slashed future growth forecasts accordingly!
Was just about to post that slashed growth with the current brexit deal

Oh well, smaller growth for a while as the soverign UK rather than just a small state within a Federal EU.

Moneys not everything.

Last edited:

by a tiny amounts in the ‘.x’ of a percentage point range.

whilst saying there would be a near term boost. They also made no comment on long term beyond 3 years.

a tiny price to pay for what I see as future prosperity and sovereignty.

I keep coming back to it - the price of everything the value of nothing.

Hmm... :D

Are you assuming that the UK will leave with a deal on 31 January, and that the impact of that deal will be negative?

Yes to the first point, and no to the second, Carney replies.
He says growth has been very weak recently, and it’s expected to pick up if Britain leaves the EU under the current deal.

Too bad about squiffy. Used to bring interesting and intelligent points to the debate.
I see where he is coming from about some posters though.

Brexit and the left/ right tribalism has increased the temperature which has led to less reasoned arguments all round.

Last edited:
Too bad about squiffy. Use to bring interesting and intelligent points to the debate.
I see where he is coming from about some posters though.

Brexit and the left/ right tribalism has increased the temperature which has lead to less reasoned arguments all round.

Even family's have fell out over Brexit so no surprise really. You just need to develop a bit of a Raminer filter to block out some of the rubbish. You can't convince everyone.

Even family's have fell out over Brexit so no surprise really. You just need to develop a bit of a Raminer filter to block out some of the rubbish. You can't convince everyone.
did you miss @Cliff 's "all round" bit? :)

I quite liked his exaggerated online persona but, alas, it didn't seem to work for him. I am sure we will see him again in some other form.

What you mean is he backed up his facts with figures.

Slashed?

What you mean is he backed up his facts with figures.
I don't think there is much merit in discussing a former member but he called for facts from others alot more than he gave them. When he did provide, his data was normally skewed - indeed, the very situation he bemoaned of others at the end.

I don't think there is much merit in discussing a former member but he called for facts from others alot more than he gave them. When he did provide, his data was normally skewed - indeed, the very situation he bemoaned of others at the end.

As per usual no substance to your post.

Slashed?

It is extremely unfair to discuss someone who left of their own volition, when they have no right of reply. Please stop now.

When long serving Labour MPs advise people to vote Tory...

Ian Austin told Kay Burley the current Labour leader is "unfit" to lead the party and said Labour voters should lend their vote to the Conservativeswhen they go to the polls in December.

By lunchtime, John Woodcock, who announced he would not be running in this election, had voiced similar concerns about his former party's leader.

and Jewish Newspaper pleas to non Jewish to boycott Corbyn...

You've got to think, how long can Corbyn remain leader of the Labour party?

Meanwhile Macron pours scorn on NATO and says the EU can defend itself.

French president Emmanuel Macron said he believed Nato was undergoing "brain death", criticising the lack of coordination between Europe and the US, and Turkey's unilateral action in Syria in an interview on Thursday.

Music to Putin's ears.

French president Emmanuel Macron said he believed Nato was undergoing "brain death", criticising the lack of coordination between Europe and the US, and Turkey's unilateral action in Syria in an interview on Thursday.

Cue the "there will not be a an EU army" brigade.... :rolleyes:

Music to Putin's ears.

He's a jumped up little squirt.

What EU army, we've been told there will not be one. Even if there was. What are they going to equip them with, brooms? The Germans cannot even equip their own troops, the French have not been victorious since good knows when. No wonder their nickname is cheese eating surrender monkeys.

As for the Italians, their tanks have more reverse gears than forward.

I suggest the French make sure they know where their white hankies are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom