Votes: 122 74.4%
  • Leave with the WA without the backstop

Votes: 42 25.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
TM’s day with fake moustache, basically - as someone has well put it.
Now that we know is that, leavers here happy ? :)

I'm not aware that the current development is fake anything.

It would appear remainers would also be happy.

My concern is what effect will it have on the people of NI.

If thats the case Scottish MP's should not be voting regarding any Brexit matters.
If Johnson offered Scotland the same exemptions/exclusions that are being offered to NI, that may well persuade the SNP to abstain. However, it would still leave Johnson short as presumably his own Scottish MPs would do the same.

I read and re read that and it makes no sense :confused:
probably an autocorrect error.
TM's deal with a fake moustache.
Now we know it for what it is, are we happy with it.

Last edited:
If Johnson offered Scotland the same exemptions/exclusions that are being offered to NI, that may well persuade the SNP to abstain. However, it would still leave Johnson short as presumably his own Scottish MPs would do the same.

What is being offered to NI? Nothing concrete yet. Scottish MP's should not be voting on Brexit full stop. Either Scotland wants to stay as part of the union or they don't. The SNP want their cake and to eat it.

What is being offered to NI? Nothing concrete yet. Scottish MP's should not be voting on Brexit full stop. Either Scotland wants to stay as part of the union or they don't. The SNP want their cake and to eat it.
Given the leaks and refusals to deny, I think it is clear that what is being offered to NI is Customs Union equivalence and alignment on significant swathes of the Single Market. If we can offer that for one part of the UK - for one part of the Union - why can't we offer it for another?

Given the leaks and refusals to deny, I think it is clear that what is being offered to NI is Customs Union equivalence and alignment on significant swathes of the Single Market. If we can offer that for one part of the UK - for one part of the Union - why can't we offer it for another?

Nothing official then. I do not hear many voices for NI to join Ireland, unlike the SNP bleating on everyday. No part of the UK should be treated different.

Same ridiculous nonsense being spouted in here i see, that's like saying the hard liner ERG brexiteer MP's shouldn't get a vote on any transition deal because they just want a hard brexit. Ludicrous

There is a sort of logic to it. If Scotland is definitely leaving the UK, why should they have a say in how it's run ? Where the logic is flawed is that it's by no means certain that is the case, so while you're still here you should get a say :thumbsup:

Same ridiculous nonsense being spouted in here i see, that's like saying the hard liner ERG brexiteer MP's shouldn't get a vote on any transition deal because they just want a hard brexit. Ludicrous

Who knew you'd have your say. The SNP want another referendum and want to leave the UK, they're voting on matters which may not concerned Scotland in a few years so they should keep their nose out.

When Scotland pay their way then maybe people will start to listen.

There is a sort of logic to it. If Scotland is definitely leaving the UK, why should they have a say in how it's run ? Where the logic is flawed is that it's by no means certain that is the case, so while you're still here you should get a say :thumbsup:

Exactly what i said last week, up to 2016 (pre evel) the SNP never voted in things not concerning Scotland anyway

Who knew you'd have your say. The SNP want another referendum and want to leave the UK, they're voting on matters which may not concerned Scotland in a few years so they should keep their nose out.

When Scotland pay their way then maybe people will start to listen.

MAY being the opperative word.....

It never ceases to make me chuckle that the brexit extermists on here that constantly bump their gums about events post the 2016 vote being undemocratic then come away with verbal diarrhoea like you just did :laugh:

MAY being the opperative word.....

It never ceases to make me chuckle that the brexit extermists on here that constantly bump their gums about events post the 2016 vote being undemocratic then come away with verbal diarrhoea like you just did :laugh:

Verbal diarrhoea? That's rich coming from the bloke who thinks Scotland pays its way & dismisses the GERS figures produced by the Scottish government showing it doesn't.

Verbal diarrhoea? That's rich coming from the bloke who thinks Scotland pays its way & dismisses the GERS figures produced by the Scottish government showing it doesn't.

With any luck it's SNP votes that eventually leads to revoking article 50, i have a keyboard full of 'humbugs' for you :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I think a few on this sub-forum were worried that the EU might not grant an extension to the Article 50 process if one was requested. Thankfully Juncker has put our minds to rest on this matter and confirmed the EU is willing to grant an extension:

With any luck it's SNP votes that eventually leads to revoking article 50, i have a keyboard full of 'humbugs' for you :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

No chance of revoking A50. Quicker Scotland leave the better then when taxes rise and you's no longer get stuff for free you might realise how much Scotland depends on England. I have a box of flags and bunting ready to put up when Scotland does leave. Good for you.

Has won and winning are two entirely different things. He's never going to be PM, ever.

I wouldn't be so sure about that.

If the BJ deal turns out to be a non starter, then the chances go up significantly.

Either way, I get the feeling that the cost of voting for the deal will take the form of a confirmation referendum, which might end up with remain.

In this scenario, you might see the Tories torn to shreds in the subsequent GE, leaving JC to come in the back door.

2/1 is the current betting on JC being PM.

I have a box of flags and bunting ready to put up when Scotland does leave. Good for you.
Really? You are planning to celebrate the failure of the UK state?

Really? You think an independent Scotland will be a failure?
o_O I don't see why you would think that. I think there would be challenges but, especially if Scotland rejoined the EU, it would probably prosper. We don't know - I am just surprised someone has got bunting and flags ready to celebrate the demise of the UK. After all the shared history I think separation would be quite a sad day.

Really? You are planning to celebrate the failure of the UK state?

If the Scots want their independence let them have it. The might have to act like adults and live in the real world. Yes I will celebrate, its not a failure of the UK state.

o_O I don't see why you would think that. I think there would be challenges but, especially if Scotland rejoined the EU, it would probably prosper. We don't know - I am just surprised someone has got bunting and flags ready to celebrate the demise of the UK. After all the shared history I think separation would be quite a sad day.
I note you have changed the wording from 'failure' to 'demise'.

Seriously, I agree separation will be a sad event. However if that is what the majority of Scottish people want, then fair enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom