Votes: 122 74.4%
  • Leave with the WA without the backstop

Votes: 42 25.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm well aware of your views on brexit.

So again, I will post your previous views, which are that we must want to remain in the EU based solely on the electorate previously voting for remain parties, you then make a donation to charity as I found the posts, and everyone wins. Again, deal?

Nope. You have previously posted as to how you were doing fine. Immediately after the brexit vote you pointed out how regardless of the vote you were fine. In fact you've made numerous posts of your property ownership. So you aren't short of a few bob.

So I post the links that you said we must be in favour of remain as we previously always voted for remain parties, you make a donation to charity.

Again, deal?

You offered to share links to all of their own previous posts in the first place (not sure they really need to see their own posts) but you’re now obsessed with them giving money to charity, if you post links to them.

Seems a bit of a random demand, couldn’t you just ask them to do a sponsored walk or something instead?

You offered to share links to all of their own previous posts in the first place (not sure they really need to see their own posts) but you’re now obsessed with them giving money to charity, if you post links to them.

Seems a bit of a random demand, couldn’t you just ask them to do a sponsored walk or something instead?
I am happy to share links to what people have previously said.

For my time in searching for the posts and posting there is a nominal donation to charity.

If I am 100% wrong about someone and they never said it and I can't provide such links I will make the donations to charity.

Fair? Charity wins and all I am doing is saying what people have said previously anyway.

I think this thread is some distance from "fun"!

I see this thread has gone through the 35K posts milestone. In the olden days there was a 1K post limit per thread, so this would now be 'keeping up with the latest brexit news - part 36'. I wonder what the ratio of new/interesting comments is in that lot :)

I wasn't aware this thread was meant to be "fun."

To make amends:

I am happy to share links to what people have previously said.

For my time in searching for the posts and posting there is a nominal donation to charity.

If I am 100% wrong about someone and they never said it and I can't provide such links I will make the donations to charity.

Fair? Charity wins and all I am doing is saying what people have said previously anyway.

I get that donating to charity is a worthwhile action, just not sure where the requirement came from, just for you to share links to previous posts.

I get that donating to charity is a worthwhile action, just not sure where the requirement came from, just for you to share links to previous posts.
Posting what people have said requires a certain amount of time to search, post etc. So for that time there's a small amount to charity to make it worthwhile.

So I say, Rasczak has, for years said we must be in favour of being in the EU as we voted that way.

In 2017 when over 80% voted for parties for leaving the EU then we must be in favour of leaving.

I will put up his previous posts from pre 2017, where he said that we must be in favour of remain as we voted that way, and how people voted is proof of intention, he says fair one, and makes a donation. If I can't provide that proof I pay.

Either way the charity wins and all based on what people have said anyway.

For the exact same reason it is different to other national referendums. No surprises there.

Only because those on the opposing side haven't aligned themselves with democracy and would rather suppress it in this case. No surprises there.

Democracy is in a perilous position now in the UK, whereby 45 years of EU membership has corrupted our political class. Our Parliamentarians like our judges have mimicked and evolved themselves to a convenient continental philosophy of a 'top down' approach. The historical philosophy on the continent ensures bureaucrats and commissioners know better than the hoi polloi and decision making is invested in them to make the right decision for the plebs - hence why Brits look across the Channel and see the EU as undemocratic. That has never been the case in British democracy where a 'bottom up' approach places servants into power; yet the remain faction have defied the democratic constitution and have turned their backs on centuries of history. Stifling and stymieing the democratic process in order to grind Brexit to a halt by telling us after three and a half years that we're all better "informed" now with their Owrellian Newspeak propaganda that is designed to soften the electorate up and make us change our minds.

We have seen previous referendums in the EU overturned by the overlords in Brussels, countries like Ireland, Denmark and France were made to vote again because they initially voted against something the technocrats were in favour of. Britain, and its democracy is now at risk of repeating this undemocratic folly because it's what our better-ers demand. By going down this route and on this principle alone the UK was right to vote leave.

Why would a Government of National Unity be any less democratic than the rump of the Conservative Party?

Possibly because it will only contain remainers and no representatives of the 52% who want to leave?

Just a guess..:smashin:

Edit.. I tell you what, I will support a GNU when it has JRM as leader..

The people are more for brexit than against. If our parliament was representative they would be for leaving.

View attachment 1205177
We've had a General Election since those stats.
And you constantly posted in the past that as we voted for remain EU parties we must want to remain. In 2017 the vote was over 80% for leave parties. By your own argument we must want to leave.

Want links to all that?
I challenged Sonic to find links because, if you actually read the 2017 manifestos of the Conservatives and Labour, it becomes abundantly clear that the unequivocal mandate for any Brexit is not nearly as clear cut as suggested by our Brexiteers. Sonic either missed the point or came across my previous post to Squiffy which explained it, hence the charity nonsense.

For the benefit of everyone, the key highlights from the manifestos on Brexit:

Conservatives

Britain needs..to get the best Brexit deal for our country and its people.

We need to deliver a smooth and orderly departure from the EU and forge a deep and special partnership with our friends and allies across Europe.

Labour

We must...build a close new relationship with the EU, protect workers’ rights and environmental standards, provide certainty to EU nationals and give a meaningful role to Parliament throughout negotiations.

We will scrap the Conservatives’ Brexit White Paper and replace it with fresh negotiating priorities that have a strong emphasis on retaining the benefits of the Single Market and the Customs Union.

We will end Theresa May’s reckless approach to Brexit, and seek to unite the country around a Brexit deal that works for every community in Britain

Britain needs to negotiate a Brexit deal that puts our economy and living standards first.

We cannot put at risk our links with our largest trading partner. Instead we need a jobs-first Brexit that allows us to upgrade our economy for the 21st century.

In light of such comments in the manifesto, it is rather clear that the 2017 General Election provides absolutely no mandate for no deal. Indeed, it is a categorical rejection of it by 80%+ of the electorate and exposes the reason why Brexiteers are terrified of another referendum.

Only because those on the opposing side haven't aligned themselves with democracy and would rather suppress it in this case. No surprises there.

That's what democracy is. Not sure why you think "alignment" is democratic when there is a split decision.

We have seen previous referendums in the EU overturned by the overlords in Brussels, countries like Ireland, Denmark and France were made to vote again because they initially voted against something the technocrats were in favour of. Britain, and its democracy is now at risk of repeating this undemocratic folly because it's what our better-ers demand. By going down this route and on this principle alone the UK was right to vote leave.

And they can keep voting and change their minds over and over again.
I am not sure if you are aware of the results of previous national UK referendums as your reply doesn't seem to indicate this.

Interesting that you pick that one. Yet again. Wasn’t that tested in court ;) Perhaps you can share the result of it?
That's my point. Sonic asked if it was fine for politicians to mislead. The red bus example- along with the court judgement - says yes it is.

You really should read all posts rather than cherry pick.

That's my point. Sonic asked if it was fine for politicians to mislead. The red bus example- along with the court judgement - says yes it is.

You really should read all posts rather than cherry pick.
Hmm interesting interpretation.

And remember assumptions are the mother of all fudgeups.

And remember assumptions are the mother of all fudgeups.
As you have just found by not reading the whole thread ;)

Look, I think that manifesto pledges and political statements should carry some weight and bind those that say them. But as "Brexit do or die on 31 October" is likely to show us, that simply isn't the case!

I challenged Sonic to find links because, if you actually read the 2017 manifestos of the Conservatives and Labour, it becomes abundantly clear that the unequivocal mandate for any Brexit is not nearly as clear cut as suggested by our Brexiteers. Sonic either missed the point or came across my previous post to Squiffy which explained it, hence the charity nonsense.

For the benefit of everyone, the key highlights from the manifestos on Brexit:

Conservatives

Britain needs..to get the best Brexit deal for our country and its people.

We need to deliver a smooth and orderly departure from the EU and forge a deep and special partnership with our friends and allies across Europe.

Labour

We must...build a close new relationship with the EU, protect workers’ rights and environmental standards, provide certainty to EU nationals and give a meaningful role to Parliament throughout negotiations.

We will scrap the Conservatives’ Brexit White Paper and replace it with fresh negotiating priorities that have a strong emphasis on retaining the benefits of the Single Market and the Customs Union.

We will end Theresa May’s reckless approach to Brexit, and seek to unite the country around a Brexit deal that works for every community in Britain

Britain needs to negotiate a Brexit deal that puts our economy and living standards first.

We cannot put at risk our links with our largest trading partner. Instead we need a jobs-first Brexit that allows us to upgrade our economy for the 21st century.

In light of such comments in the manifesto, it is rather clear that the 2017 General Election provides absolutely no mandate for no deal. Indeed, it is a categorical rejection of it by 80%+ of the electorate and exposes the reason why Brexiteers are terrified of another referendum.
Both manifestos were to leave the EU.

Hence pointing out that that over 80% of the vote was to leave in 2017.

I didn't say they were specifically for no deal.

Also being a little economic with the truth. You missed out this:

The negotiations will undoubtedly be tough, and there will be give and take on both sides, but we continue to believe that no deal is better than a bad deal for the UK.

Which makes clear no deal is better than a bad deal.

Both manifestos were to leave the EU.

Hence pointing out that that over 80% of the vote was to leave in 2017.
But all were for a close relationship with the EU which absolutely puts no deal off the table. Even putting aside the Tory votes, the combined might of tthe remainder, there is a 50%+ number against no deal. That is why Brexiteers are scared stiff of another referendum.

Hmm... so we need to do something else as a poll of polls has shown that a majority want to stay in the EU.

Of course we had 6 different companies each doing a 'poll of polls' for the referendum - and every one of them got the result wrong..:D
And from YouGov too. YouGov is special in that you deliberatly sign up to it. It doesn't stop people at random and ask their intention.

So I could get together with my mates. We all sign up, we all keep saying we want to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom