• Leave with no deal

Votes: 122 74.4%
  • Leave with the WA without the backstop

Votes: 42 25.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The car wouldn’t have skidded on the ice if the road wasn’t icy..hence they’re directly related.

And you call me a spin doctor :rotfl: Anyway, I’ll leave it there because I’m getting dizzy with the twists
"Related" but not the same which was the entire point and the sixth time I've had to explain it. :rotfl:

1570640219689.png

1570640246650.png

"Related" but not the same which was the entire point and the sixth time I've had to explain it. :rotfl:

Either way - a promise is a promise. It doesn't matter if its on an election leaflet or a referendum leaflet. They're equally as easy to break. One might have more consequences than the other, but that's all.

I still think we will be leaving the EU in one way or another. It may not be the utopian vision that the leave campaign promised, but we will no longer be in the EU, and that's all that they promised.

Better get that TM deal signed and sealed before Corbyn and his rag tag government come in and give the people what polls are suggesting they actually now want.

To remain.

Either way - a promise is a promise. It doesn't matter if its on an election leaflet or a referendum leaflet. They're equally as easy to break. One might have more consequences than the other, but that's all.

I still think we will be leaving the EU in one way or another. It may not be the utopian vision that the leave campaign promised, but we will no longer be in the EU, and that's all that they promised.

Better get that TM deal signed and sealed before Corbyn and his rag tag government come in and give the people what polls are suggesting they actually now want.

To remain.
2016 - Voted to leave.
2017 - GE Vote was over 80% for parties pledging to leave.
2019 - EU elections. Combined vote was larger for leave parties.

National votes have been for leave. Polling which is constantly flawed, tended to also suggest remain just before the referendum.

2016 - Voted to leave.
2017 - GE Vote was over 80% for parties pledging to leave.
2019 - EU elections. Combined vote was larger for leave parties.

National votes have been for leave. Polling which is constantly flawed, tended to also suggest remain just before the referendum.

So you have nothing to worry about then.

Yet, this is the first referendum in British history that hasn't been abide-d.

For the exact same reason it is different to other national referendums. No surprises there.

Unless I've missed it, I'm surprised no-one has mentioned about John Bercow and his meeting with David Sassoli.

Looks as though negotiations are being taken out of Johnson's hands! :laugh:

The mood is clearly one that suggests no-one believes Johnson will abide by the Benn Act, so matters regarding an extension are being taken out of his control.

The thing is that Remainers don't seem to understand that another referendum would probably see a greater lean towards leave than 52 percent.

Then the "But it isn't legally binding" arguments would start again.

How exactly can it be legally binding?

We ate at the point where leaving is not beneficial to the UK and is becoming detrimental for our economy .I voted leave but unlike other lemmings will not accept leaving without a deal and fudgeing up a close trade partnership for the ideal that is Brexit . To walk off a cliff in the name of Brexit is UK economic suicide that I can not get behind as it is .

I don't care who is to blame for my approach , but I will not go down a path that is based on hope and fairy dust for our future .

Sorry but it is what it is .

Game plan?

Parliament is prorogued.
Returns on the 14th for the Queens Speech and to pass new legislation.
There will be a vote after that, a possible equivalent of no confidence.
Boris loses.
Boris argues the opposition has 14 days to show they command a majority or there must be a General election.
If opposition does form a government they are then delaying brexit.
Boris doesn't request a delay. If forced to he resigns.
Sounds like a plan...except the Benn Act requires him to act on the 19th October. And a court case is sitting on 21st October that can write the letter in his name.

We ate at the point where leaving is not beneficial to the UK and is becoming detrimental for our economy .I voted leave but unlike other lemmings will not accept leaving without a deal and fudgeing up a close trade partnership for the ideal that is Brexit . To walk off a cliff in the name of Brexit is UK economic suicide that I can not get behind as it is .

I don't care who is to blame for my approach , but I will not go down a path that is based on hope and fairy dust for our future .

Sorry but it is what it is .

There are others like yourself. I think it is complete nonsense too to suggest the majority of the country back leaving without a deal, which is exactly why it shouldn't happen.

I think the extension will happen till January, and then before that we'll have a GE and then a referendum on No Deal/Some kind of Deal, or Remain. Has been my view for a long while and nothing is changing it.

The decision is ultimately going to be removed from Parliament. They can't handle it. And there's no-one other than us to make what has to be the final decision.

As I said, it looks more like twisting the facts to claim that one isn’t the other, but ok.

As I said, it looks more like twisting the facts to claim that one isn’t the other, but ok.
You are directly related to your mom. Are you the same?

7. See 1-6 again.

So you have nothing to worry about then.
I don't. I was worried about our passive membership of the EU years ago. I'm not now. Now everything the EU does will be scrutinised and will always be a major political issue. What the UK wants and what the EU wants are fundamentally different. We leave now or we leave later but I've no doubt we will leave.

There are others like yourself. I think it is complete nonsense too to suggest the majority of the country back leaving without a deal, which is exactly why it shouldn't happen.

I think the extension will happen till January, and then before that we'll have a GE and then a referendum on No Deal/Some kind of Deal, or Remain. Has been my view for a long while and nothing is changing it.

The decision is ultimately going to be removed from Parliament. They can't handle it. And there's no-one other than us to make what has to be the final decision.

It's a sad reality on this thread the members are more engaged in their own biased party and party politics than they are in Brexit itself and the ultimate consequences for the UK .

It supports what I've been saying for years: the UK voting population contains a massive number of absolute numpties. Kick most of them up the backside, and they'd pay you to do it again.
And also a massive number of very astute voters as well. Thank God.

Game plan?

Parliament is prorogued.
Returns on the 14th for the Queens Speech and to pass new legislation.
There will be a vote after that, a possible equivalent of no confidence.
Boris loses.

Queen delivers speech, The commons holds "Humble Address" debate that usually lasts for 5 days before the vote on the Queen's speech takes place. Which means Boris Johnson will definitely be PM when the Benn Act applies (Parliament doesn't usually sit on Fridays, see my previous post for the Commons sitting on the 19th). Unless Corbyn moves a VONC before then (unlikely). The earliest a vote could take place assuming the debate lasts for 5 days is the following Monday or Tuesday.

Boris argues the opposition has 14 days to show they command a majority or there must be a General election.

If no government is formed within the 14 days, then a General Election happens automatically. Johnson just has to hope the Liberal Democrats and Labour can't overcome their differences. The earliest a general election can take place is around the 5th of December.

If opposition does form a government they are then delaying brexit.

Which people might accept if it's to find a way to resolve Brexit. Then again they might do something you'd absolutely hate - Revoke Article 50. If there is an extension and a general election then Brexit is delayed anyway.

Boris doesn't request a delay. If forced to he resigns.

Then he'd most likely be in contempt of Court and then possibly face something far worse than having to resign as PM - Prison time. He's made promises to the Scottish Courts to abide by the Benn Act.
The Courts will probably decide to appoint somebody else to send the letter if Boris refuses to.

The Supreme Court is ready to sit in judgement again, should that be necessary.

You are directly related to your mom. Are you the same?

7. See 1-6 again.

My mum’s never been part of a Conservative Party manifesto, as far as I know.

Poll of polls now showing that a majority would vote to stay in the EU.

"Anthony Wells, director of political research at YouGov, said: “The polling evidence is concrete. The overwhelming majority of questions asking people if Brexit is right or wrong, or if they would now vote Remain or Leave, show a lead for Remain, and have done for over two years."

Breaking News: PM acting against will of the people! ;)

Which people might accept if it's to find a way to resolve Brexit. Then again they might do something you'd absolutely hate - Revoke Article 50.
Can't see it ever happening. All this is angering people. If you think people will just shrug their shoulders and forget this ever happened you are really deluding yourself and know little of people.

The reasons why people voted to leave are still there together with rich people stopping brexit, MPs ignoring their own voters and the EU themselves and what they've said.

People were angry just over the "back of the queue" comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom