• Leave with no deal

Votes: 122 74.4%
  • Leave with the WA without the backstop

Votes: 42 25.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I have the timelines right markymark was very happy in Austria until Brexit came along. After the referendum he was made to feel rather unwelcome. Not sure whose fault that is.
That's a shame..Shows some people are the same no matter where you are..
Had no problems with the people here,some are puzzled by Brexit ,others almost look at you with a type of admiration for leaving ( a defiant bunch these French :D )..Some of the expats are a different matter but i'm not bothered by them..
Not expecting any trouble with the authorities but we have spoken about it though,,more to stop my other half from fretting (women hey :laugh: )

You are all welcome in the Netherlands! Nothing changes and you don’t even have to learn the language :)

Interesting to compare the treatment of EU nationals in the UK with the treatment of UK nationals in France.

With 'friends' like this it makes the decision to leave all the more correct.

Some residents are so fearful of being told to leave, particularly because they worry they might not meet a post-Brexit income threshold, that they are avoiding contact with the French authorities altogether, she said.

The article is locked behind a paywall, any chance you could summarise? For instance, is the threshold higher than the one proposed in the UK, i.e. £30,000 (or £36,700 if Sir Iain had his way)?

The article is locked behind a paywall, any chance you could summarise? For instance, is the threshold higher than the one proposed in the UK, i.e. £30,000 (or £36,700 if Sir Iain had his way)?

Its on the guardian so no paywall and there is no income threshold for the EU settlement scheme.

You are confusing it with the normal immigration process.

Oh dear, reading that BBC article one would think they're talking about a funeral. Such negativity, such background 'outrage'.

Anyway, moving on to the next stage now - the HoL. This is where it gets interesting.

Well I’m sure the HoL will do sod all other than moan.

I also doubt we will see the zealous waving through of it like we have seen recently with other bills.

BBC must be pig sick. Lord knows how Channel 4 News feels.

BBC News - Brexit: What a difference a majority makes

Firstly, the legislation that will take us out of the European Union at the end of this month sailed through by a massive margin of 99 votes, without a single Tory rebel.

And secondly, Boris Johnson begins his premiership at least more politically secure than either of his Conservative predecessors.

One former senior minister even claims that without a real rival in the cabinet, or on the backbenches, he is more powerful than even Tony Blair was after his landslide.

The BBC article's negativity is there to provide balance: to balance out the optimistic attitude shown in parliament by the Tory party.

It must feel good to be able, at long last, to carry out the wishes of the voting public.

The BBC article's negativity is there to provide balance: to balance out the optimistic attitude shown in parliament by the Tory party.

It must feel good to be able, at long last, to carry out the wishes of the voting public.

Sorry must be Friday and me being dull, but where is the negativity in that article? Just seems to be stating whats happened.

Sorry must be Friday and me being dull, but where is the negativity in that article? Just seems to be stating whats happened.
Yes, you are quite right.

If I just stick to the factual content at the beginning of the article and ignore the rest of the articles' comments about a dangerous bill, slashed rights of future generations, strip away our guaranteed environmental protections, a constitutional crisis, impossible to reach a trade deal by the end of 2020, then yes I agree there is no negativity.

Quite balanced in fact.

Yes, you are quite right.

If I just stick to the factual content at the beginning of the article and ignore the rest of the articles' comments about a dangerous bill, slashed rights of future generations, strip away our guaranteed environmental protections, a constitutional crisis, impossible to reach a trade deal by the end of 2020, then yes I agree there is no negativity.

Quite balanced in fact.

Oh dear. Did you not read the whole article?

The BBC are constantly berated on this forum for not being impartial, but that article is fine. It starts with the facts, then has comments from the Lib Dems that Brexit is terrible etc, then it has comments from the Brexit Secretary saying it is all ok etc.

Where is the overriding negativity there?

You leavers won, it's done. There is no need to invent things at this point.

Oh dear. Did you not read the whole article?

The BBC are constantly berated on this forum for not being impartial, but that article is fine. It starts with the facts, then has comments from the Lib Dems that Brexit is terrible etc, then it has comments from the Brexit Secretary saying it is all ok etc.

Where is the overriding negativity there?

Invented?

Please let me know what I have invented.

I didn't read it previously but have done so now in order to decide for myself. Overall it's not too bad. But I will note that they quoted/paraphrased 5 paragraphs from naysayers first, followed by a "but" consisting of 4 paragraphs. Then finalised the article with a paragraph saying it will be impossible to finalise it in time, attributed to the EU.
Bad
Bad
Bad
Bad
Bad
We'll be fine
We'll be fine
We'll be fine
We'll be fine
It will never happen in time.

So on balance that's 6:4 towards negative :)

Which is a major improvement from the BBC :D

Last edited:

There was a democratic vote and the people spoke. Wether you like the answer or not I dont think it was ever a competition.

It wasnt my choice, but at the end of the day democracy isnt democracy only when you get the answer you want. I've said it to a number of my work colleagues, mybe leaving the EU is and will be the kick up the arse the UK needs and as a small island might be a good thing long term. We just need to all muck in and see now.

There was a democratic vote and the people spoke. Wether you like the answer or not I dont think it was ever a competition.

It wasnt my choice, but at the end of the day democracy isnt democracy only when you get the answer you want. I've said it to a number of my work colleagues, mybe leaving the EU is and will be the kick up the arse the UK needs and as a small island might be a good thing long term. We just need to all muck in and see now.

It seemed like a competition at some points!
My comment was more that now Boris is in total power, Brexit is proceeding without any interruptions. So the leavers do not need to falsely twist the narrative of news reports to their favour as Brexit is going ahead anyway.

The Germans and French are starting to attack the EU leadership for its stance.

The German economy is near recession if The Merk doesnt get some sort of deal the German Car industry will drag it into recession.

and then no more free dinners for the Eu's Little Leech Nations

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom