Votes: 122 74.4%
  • Leave with the WA without the backstop

Votes: 42 25.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
For example:

What context could you have a conversation about blowing someones knee caps off for not supporting the IRA, and it being acceptable?

Actually - it's quite useful to see the original piece:

But your meme frames it as a quote - when the article makes it clear that he didn't say those words.

Doesn't make it better, and I find the sentiment abhorrent regardless. But it's an example of how context shows how your meme has amplified the original comment. Which now makes me distrust all the other memes.

I'm not sure what yours is..? You appear to be arguing that it didn't happen. Or have I got that wrong?

Yes you got it wrong. I'm simply saying I wasn't there so couldn't argue the point and neither was @ghrh I would imagine. As for videos anything can be faked these days.

Actually - it's quite useful to see the original piece:

But your meme frames it as a quote - when the article makes it clear that he didn't say those words.

Doesn't make it better, and I find the sentiment abhorrent regardless. But it's an example of how context shows how your meme has amplified the original comment. Which now makes me distrust all the other memes.

Your link is behind a paywall.

It's good practice to post a link that everyone can see ;)

Sorry! I went straight through - didn't realise. Here's the bit. Once again, I don't agree with the sentiment at all, but I would hope you knew that.

"Mr McDonnell addressed the meeting on behalf of the self-styled Labour committee on Ireland, a fringe group that embraced hardliners.

A Sinn Fein councillor from Northern Ireland was a guest speaker, according to the Deptford & Peckham Mercury.

The local newspaper report stated: “Mr McDonnell went on to describe the Lewisham Labour councillors who had boycotted the meeting as ‘gutless wimps’ and joked that knee-capping might help to change their minds.” "

Yes you got it wrong. I'm simply saying I wasn't there so couldn't argue the point and neither was @ghrh I would imagine. As for videos anything can be faked these days.

So what you're saying is, that even though a video exists with Farage saying it, you don't trust videos. Therefore you can't say for sure that it happened?

Sorry! I went straight through - didn't realise. Here's the bit. Once again, I don't agree with the sentiment at all, but I would hope you knew that.

"Mr McDonnell addressed the meeting on behalf of the self-styled Labour committee on Ireland, a fringe group that embraced hardliners.

A Sinn Fein councillor from Northern Ireland was a guest speaker, according to the Deptford & Peckham Mercury.

The local newspaper report stated: “Mr McDonnell went on to describe the Lewisham Labour councillors who had boycotted the meeting as ‘gutless wimps’ and joked that knee-capping might help to change their minds.” "

Thanks.

But, it's not better as he said it. For instance, who is making the judgement he was joking? Is the reporter credible?
Easiest thing to do is not say those things at all, let alone think them. For an ex Priest, he's no Father Ted ;)

And Jess, bless her, she is a feisty one isn't she?

View attachment 1200404
And Boris says 'surrender treaty' and 'Humbug'?

A Boris witch hunt dont yer think ;)

Did you bother finding the original tweet or just share the image?

7043B1F4-6416-45A1-AAC2-A1C29CA553D1.jpeg

She was replying to someone who called her a massive bitch, hence the bitch reference.

I have to admit, I think a Government of National Unity would be my preference. Johnson overthrown in the next few weeks, a leading statesman appointed as Prime Minister (Ken Clarke would seem a good choice) and a referendum in March with May's deal versus Remain on the ballet paper. With Brexit then settled, we could have an election in May 2020. Can't see that all happening mind - I think a GE is much more likely!
Why would it need all the time? Just a GE in November.

Of course it's just taken Gwent Constabulary, who were at the event, a whole week to suddenly decide maybe we should investigate. Not saying what he said was good or the best choice of words but these current times anyone who opens there mouth is likely to have said something that is offensive to someone.

As per the article, the Police acted on a complaint by an MEP;

“It prompted a complaint from Naomi Long, a Northern Ireland MEP, that his remarks were “a clear case of incitement to violence against staff in the Civil Service”.”

They also chose not to progress the investigation as they didn’t feel he’d committed a criminal offence (also in the article)

Thanks.

But, it's not better as he said it. For instance, who is making the judgement he was joking? Is the reporter credible?
Easiest thing to do is not say those things at all, let alone think them. For an ex Priest, he's no Father Ted ;)

I agree - and would also think the same of some of BJ's comments. Not equating, just saying how it is possible and often important, to condemn either side.

Who was she talking to here?

DISCLAIMER: foul language, do not click if easily offended.

View attachment 1200436

I'll take just one. As mentioned before, you're clearly quoting out of context to distort (or the pic you've borrowed is):

Twitter link (with swearing)

That's how I'd respond!

I'm leaving it here. My point is that a lot of these memes can either tell half a story or deliberately misconstrue facts and I just don't have time to check them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom