Which option would you prefer?

• Leave with no deal

Votes: 122 74.4%
  • Leave with the WA without the backstop

Votes: 42 25.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Har-One

Another 'clearly' bias article from the BBC, sorry the independant. Brexit is going to be rosy pink, specially if one has enough money not give a toss.

raduv1

Distinguished Member
Some may not agree but I feel the Sky News Brexit election front n centre is a bit off for myself when reporting on the election campaign .

raduv1

Distinguished Member
On a door to door basis , leaflets ect in my area and considering I'm in a conservative seat . I've had two leaflets through the door both conservative and two door knocks , again both conservative. I may just vote for her again as at least she stepped down from Mays cabinet .

Ways to go yet though on how much more tax I will have to pay on all this spending from all these numpties .

Aj33

On a door to door basis , leaflets ect in my area and considering I'm in a conservative seat . I've had two leaflets through the door both conservative and two door knocks , again both conservative. I may just vote for her again as at least she stepped down from Mays cabinet .

Ways to go yet though on how much more tax I will have to pay on all this spending from all these numpties .
I have never had anyone knock on my door. I would love for someone to do it on any side of the political spectrum.

lostinspace

I have never had anyone knock on my door. I would love for someone to do it on any side of the political spectrum.
Me neither but as I live in one of those "red rosette on a donkey" constituencies she (Rosie Winterton) obviously doesn't think she needs to talk to the plebs.

Har-One

A very interesting program from the BBC yesterday was the Richard Dimbleby lecture with Sir Tim Bernes-Lee, the founder of the World Wide Web,

ostewart

They could fund it if Labour hadn't screwed the economy.

But we can vote out our government. I don't need to trust it. I can get rid of it when it fails. I can even get rid of corrupt ones like Fiona Onasanya.

Would we put a convicted criminal in charge of the bank of England?

We don't fund the environment or research?

If only there was a way to see if that was true...
Erm... yes the government have failed to invest in the Environment:

and I know a lot of you don't like the Independent, but this is just hilarious:

Sonic67

Distinguished Member
Saying that UK railways should be more like those on the continent and using a clip of the new privatized high speed train in Italy to make his point..
Will he make them run on time?

SteakAndCake

Distinguished Member
British trains aren't crap because of privatisation (although it probably did raise prices as you gotta get profit from somewhere). British trains are crap because we were first to build a rail network and it's now unfit for 21st century speed or capacity. We're a tiny overcrowded country with railway tracks surrounded by private dwellings, private land, and other complex infrastructure. We can't expand it without eye watering expense or disruption.

Nationalising won't fix that single unalterable fact.

British trains aren't crap because of privatisation (although it probably did raise prices as you gotta get profit from somewhere). British trains are crap because we were first to build a rail network and it's now unfit for 21st century speed or capacity. We're a tiny overcrowded country with railway tracks surrounded by private dwellings, private land, and other complex infrastructure. We can't expand it without eye watering expense or disruption.

Nationalising won't fix that single unalterable fact.
I don’t think the U.K. is tiny, nor overcrowded. It’s just not that well spread out. And the train lines focus too much on north south type connections with east west being often slow connections.

domtheone

Distinguished Member
I don’t think the U.K. is tiny, nor overcrowded. It’s just not that well spread out.
Defo some truth in that. Though, after all is said and done, we’re still overcrowded. Especially when compared to many of our peers.:smashin:

Reckon we could shed 10 mill with zero effect on GDP, wealth per capita etc etc.

Defo some truth in that. Though, after all is said and done, we’re still overcrowded. Especially when compared to many of our peers.:smashin:

Reckon we could shed 10 mill with zero effect on GDP, wealth per capita etc etc.
😬😂 Labour will never get back in power then 👌

psikey

Distinguished Member
Tesla were never going to build their factory here when there main market is to feed into mainland Europe.

Its like suggesting they would have put their China factory in Hong Kong o_O

Trending threads

Latest News

Kef Reference Series gets new finish and additional model
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Naim announces native Qobuz support for its streaming hardware
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Disney+ generates $100M in mobile app spending since launch
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published