Votes: 122 74.4%
  • Leave with the WA without the backstop

Votes: 42 25.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Scotland Thread is a few threads below this one :lesson:

"Arriving at a meeting with his 27 counterparts, where leaders will check in on the Brexit process, Leo Varadkar said there was “enormous hostility” to another delay in EU capitals.

He said his feeling was that an extension would be granted only to allow for a general election or second referendum.

“So I think an extension could really only happen if it were to facilitate something like a general election in the UK, or even something like a second referendum, if they decided to have one."

If a GE was called, then yes, they would allow an extension, but it's not a provision. It's up to us, not the EU to have a GE. The extension would be granted so we have the time to have a GE.

In a way the same thing? EU won't grant an extension unless some path forward. Only path forward is a 2nd Ref or GE if EU won't compromise on backstop or MP's vote in something similar to May's deal.

The only other reason they would grant an extension is if they now "smell blood" and believe the Remainers will turn things around and remain.

The Scotland Thread is a few threads below this one :lesson:

I know and apologies but the discussion is in relation to Brexit where the poster is trying to say one of the nations within the UK should have no say in the discussion of the eu

I know and apologies but the discussion is in relation to Brexit where the poster is trying to say one of the nations within the UK should have no say in the discussion of the eu

I think he's saying one of the Nations in UK who's political leaders don't want to be in the UK hence not covering Wales & NI. (but sure you already realised that)

Interesting from Boris' sister from 19 minutes in:

She doesn't have any evidence, but she said that Boris could be under pressure to deliver Brexit on 31st October because so many investors have invested billions to short the pound.

I think this maybe one of the reasons he has to deliver it otherwise shorters will lose a lot of money, but that's merely speculation. Shorters have made a killing by shorting the pound in recent months.

Interesting from Boris' sister from 19 minutes in:

She doesn't have any evidence, but she said that Boris could be under pressure to deliver Brexit on 31st October because so many investors have invested billions to short the pound.

I think this maybe one of the reasons he has to deliver it otherwise shorters will lose a lot of money, but that's merely speculation. Shorters have made a killing by shorting the pound in recent months.

Gosh, Brother/Sister must really hate him!

I don't understand this mentality that he has failed if we don't leave on the 31st October....
When Johnson came to power, he had a Parliamentary majority. His own policies, performance and attitude lost that majority. So really he is entirely to blame. If he had been competent there would have been no EU Withdrawal Act No 2 to cause him to fail.

Well, investors have made a ton from shorting. Nothing wrong with it, mind. ;)
All this political turmoil makes profitting from currency speculation far easier than usual

There is one already so it's just a matter of time before it is presented as a "new" deal (with some changes in the wording) and all done and dusted. ;)

Lol if you consider that a good deal.

And no it won't be done and dusted it will lead to civil unrest.

When Johnson came to power, he had a Parliamentary majority. His own policies, performance and attitude lost that majority. So really he is entirely to blame. If he had been competent there would have been no EU Withdrawal Act No 2 to cause him to fail.

Utter remainer dross as that would have only been true if he pandered to remainer wishes

As a brexiteers I'm proud of him trying to push through what the vote asked for.

You mean seek out consensus?

...which is why he is failing.

No he isn't he's playing the long game, god you will hold onto anything that will give you hope that you can stay a slave to Germany its really sad when you hear them say they want our fishing rights etc and people like you want to be their serf.

Shameful

Was it not a majority of 1?

Granted its a majority, but not really as before he had even said anything some of his MPs were going to block no deal no matter what he said...

He now has nowhere near a majority but he also doesn't have MP's on his side who are trying to stop a no deal at all costs (essentially just prolonging the uncertainty), I expect IF he is re-elected with a majority it will be with MPs who are going to support his ideas regarding Brexit at least.

To be clear, I don't think leaving without any kind of deal is great, but we can't just keep showing the EU we aren't willing to leave without a deal, or they will keep offering us a deal that will leave us in infinite extensions until article 50 is revoked (or we finally leave with no deal).

The UK needs an end to the uncertainty, if that is deal/no deal/remaining, it has to stop soon and I think that will be best achieved with Boris still in post (as cons leader not necessarily PM), he offers a clear choice in a GE, the Lib Dems also offer a clear choice - labour are clear that they are going to get us a great deal and then campaign against there own deal :rotfl:

The Irish Border issue is totally blown out of proportion...But we've been there so many times already. It was always clear that when leaving the EU a border will be required.
Don't forget how NI voted on Brexit. Besides that, to say it's blown out of proportion is unbelievable to me. I can kind of understand people forgetting the state Europe was in before the EU, given it's practically gone from living memory. Pre-GFA NI is so recent that it beggars belief that people consider the potential ramifications of damaging that to be no big deal.

The husband of Jo Cox was on the TV this morning, spoke well i thought. Whilst he did condemn Johnsons choice of language he was also quick to point out that some on the other side of the debate where also using emotive language and highlighted examples such as dictator coup etc..

edit... article now up on the BBC Commons 'bear pit' condemned by Jo Cox's husband

The reaction to him and Cox's sister is yet another example of how voices pushing for moderation just aren't accepted. People don't want to hear one another, they just want to be right.

Well, investors have made a ton from shorting. Nothing wrong with it, mind. ;)

Mine neither :)

My post was just that his sisters had no proof and then used the word could. In other words she doesn't have a clue.

Because she wants her 15 mins fame while being Boris' sister still means something? :devil:

Not for The Mail on Sunday who were apparently going to publish the home address of Jolyon Maugham QC who had received death threats. 'We know where you live' is never used as a threat after all...
Except of course his address was already in the public domain on his Wikipedia page.

That's a link to the edit when the page was edited earlier this week.

And here it is, still on the original website.

Can't believe the fascist right wing argus risking his life like that :rolleyes:

And that's Boris just gone 8 for 8 loses, no parlimentary recess to allow tory party conference :laugh:
Can the tories take this to the Judiciary? It does seem very unconstitutional not to allow a recess for a party conference

I think he's saying one of the Nations in UK who's political leaders don't want to be in the UK hence not covering Wales & NI. (but sure you already realised that)

Regardless it's an utterly ridiculous position, the only possible scenario would be if one of the countries had actually voted to leave and were in the process of doing so. As much as i'd love it to be that's not what the current situation is and everyone has a say

How do you take it from what I said that I want no deal?

If that's your logic, then most of parliament wants no deal as most of them also opposed the backstop.

Macron shows the EU cannot be trusted on the backstop and we cannot enter any agreement containing it as it stands.
You must want Deal or No Deal but you aren't coming straight out with it. I'll make another assumption for the moment that you want an improved deal without a Backstop. All very good but the chances of that are almost zero. Your comment directly above about Parliament is correct on the face of it but as I said before, the folly is that they've opposed the Deal but say they don't want No Deal -this is lunacy because the way they are going they will get No Deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom