• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Keeping some apps private ??

trumps

I've an office machine, which will be accessed by many, but I want to keep the mail/ical/safari content (mail, appointments and bookmarks) private.

Is there a way of restricting access to the use of these apps when I'm not at my desk?

CamFire

Distinguished Member
Create a dedicated standard user account (with your own password, etc), login into that account for all your needs. MacOS with its unix kernel and core abilities will protect your application data as long as you log out of the said account when not in use.

If you have enabled Fast User Switching, just simply "switch" MacOS back to the login screen.

Tenex

Distinguished Member
Create a separate use a/c but if you want more security create a sparse bundle in Disk Utility and keep your data in that.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom