Keeping Sky Q box and paying the £100 non return fee. Will it work as Freesat?

makershaker

So want rid of Sky Q and to move onto Freesat. I know you have to return the box.. however there is a £100 non return fee if you dont return it.

If I pay the fee and keep the box.... can I use the Sky Q box for Freesat ?

Asking as It works out cheaper than buying a Manhattan box which still works with the Sky Q lnb

JayCee

Distinguished Member
I suspect the box will be useless without an active Sky subscription.
BTW why post here when we have a Sky Digital TV forum.

rpr

I'd put the £100 towards a decent Freesat box instead

scoobydoobydoo

I'm currently paying £55.50 for the full Sky package (Sky Signature, Ultimate TV, Sports, Cinema, Kids, UHD, Multiscreen) and I cancelled 3 weeks ago and its due for cancellation on April 15th.

When I cancelled I was offered the same package for £74 which includes the latest price increases.

I had one missed call from Sky in the first week and nothing since.

I'm guessing if I call Retentions (what's the number?) I won't get a good deal if they call me.

From friends in a similar position they've been offered deals around the £58 mark so that's what I'm hoping for.

PS I had all Sky communications turned off and updated it 2 weeks ago, so not sure if that's taken affect.

Any ideas on how to try and instigate a Sky discussion without compromising on a good deal?

I thought of enquiring the last bill on Sky Chat but its impossible to speak to a chat operator, its that stupid bot.

Any ideas on next course of action?

teeveedee

Try using Messenger to communicate with retentions - that's what I did. It took a day or so to get connected but once our chat started I got everything I wanted at the price I was willing to pay very easily...

TV Pending Cancel

scoobydoobydoo

Try using Messenger to communicate with retentions - that's what I did. It took a day or so to get connected but once our chat started I got everything I wanted at the price I was willing to pay very easily...

TV Pending Cancel
Thanks for that link.

They said I could renew at £63pm which includes the latest price changes but I said I'd keep it if they kept the price same (I was paying £55.50). I declined at £63pm.

Will try again in a few days and see what happens?

Is it better to call on phone or chat to get the better deal?

Also, realistically, what is the best price they are likely to offer?

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN800B 8K TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom