Keeping Sky+ only ?

Jules Tohpipi

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I want to cancel my Sky subscription completely (prefering to watch the free channels instead), but want to keep the SKY+ functionality.

I think (?) I've read on other threads that you can do this i.e. cancel SKY, but continue to pay £10 per month for the SKY+ features - to record BBC1 etc.

However, the SKY customer services person I spoke to today was adamant that you can't do this, and that the *only* way to get SKY+ functionality is if you are already signed up to one of their programme packages also.

So, is anyone out there successfully running their SKY+ (with recording features) without a programme package ?

Can't confirm that issue, but Sky 'Customer Service', if you can call them that, are very hit and miss.

You will get completely different answers everytime you phone up. Try giving them a call again, you might get a different person this time.

I have recently read that you are definitely able to do this but Sky's CS are totally unaware. The thread I read detailed how the customer tried and tried and kept hitting a brick wall when phoning up. In the end they reverted to communicating via e-mail, and even then depending who replied depended on the answer. Anyway, they eventually got it sorted so keep persevering as it did seem to be one hell of a task - basically ignore what the CS agent adamantly tells you and keep trying.

Nathan

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom