Keeping my old sub or will a new puchase offer an "upgrade"

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by Sunshinewelly, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Sunshinewelly

Sunshinewelly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +464
    I am in the process of having my Aego T subwoofer repaired. My current set up was the full Aego T 5.1 satelite system. Following the breakdown of my sub i bought a set of Tannoy F4 floorstander and F1 surrounds, centre etc and have the sats for sale on this site.

Now do i keep my aego t sub once its returned repaired or will i hear an improvement if i buy a new sub.

I am tempted by the BK range - ie the MK 2 Gennie or xs200 (i dont want to go as high as the Xs300).

there is also the Mission E3 ASR Subwoofer Walnut which i can get for £190 (this is still listed as a £550 sub on some sites).

There is also the Epos ELS Sub Subwoofer for £190.

would either of these new subs offer an improvement over the Aego t sub. It would be a waste of time and money to buy a new sub when i could have kept the aego T, i am looking for an improvement in the bass and depth etc. i never found the aego t sub to much of a floor shaker. ie i could never fell the bass as such

2. Sunshinewelly

Sunshinewelly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +464
    could anyone assist me please.

for example please if i was to purchase the gemini would i get any benefit with this over my original aego t sub or would i need to buy a xs200 to see a benefit.

when my aego t is returned to me i would sell it and then buy a new sub but if i then bought the gemini would that be a stupid move - i want an upgrade rather than buying a similar sounding speced sub

3. Sunshinewelly

Sunshinewelly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +464
    anyone

4. Sunshinewelly

Sunshinewelly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings: