1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keeping multiple CD albums in order in SonicStage ...

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by shadowritten, Aug 14, 2005.

1. shadowritten

shadowritten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Moved the following quote here from another thread:

It is possible to keep multiple CD albums together - rather than just by artist, which SonicStage is so fond of doing! - by highlighting all the tracks in an album, right-clicking on the highlighted area and selecting properties. In there, you'll see a little box which says something like 'Tracks in compilation'. Tick this box, and when you search by album, you won't get several versions of it, because SonicStage will no longer show it by artist only.

If you delete this album from My Library, however, then you reimport it, be prepared to go through the above process again - SonicStage is 'a bit thick' and can't remember what you did first time round.

Hope this answers your question correctly. If not, please post in this thread again and myself or someone else is sure to help out :smashin:

2. LINDSAY.ANDREA

LINDSAY.ANDREA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanx .
    Just One More Quick One .
    Already Loaded 10gig , Will I Need To Defrag The Nw-hd5 If I Keep Loading And Deleting Tracks ?
    Again Many Thanx

3. shadowritten

shadowritten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You'll only need to defrag if the Win XP defrag tool advises this. Some people get a bit edgy about defragging their HDD players, for fear of them fouling up! I experienced this once with a Creative MuVo2 1.5GB player - but then, it did have a crappy Hitachi HDD inside! I've defragged my HD5H once so far (didn't need it, just wanted to test a theory!), and so far, no ill effects ...

4. Sasso

Sasso

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah defrag it, no harm done. It will make the battery last longer. It might even access songs faster. A fragmented player is like having it on shuffle permanently, it will use more power.