Keeping her happy

petrolhead

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those of you you have seen my posts in various threads and my dilema with going to larger front soundstage. Here is one solution that may keep her smiling :D

Before:

Attachments

• dscf0019.jpg
    dscf0019.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 463
:)

The Rel is at the bottom and the Kef Q9 on top which is a shame as I think is a gorgeous looking speaker.

Attachments

• dscf0020.jpg
    dscf0020.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 465
I thought that was to put over your missus´:D If she can´t see the kit then you can bung in what you like.;)

Joking aside, you don´t really want to be covering the centre speaker with anything as it will affect the clarity of dialogue etc.

:D

Give me, some credit Jase :p

The table cloth WILL be lifted during viewing. Now I am thinking about something more ingenious, like velcro or a sewin in flap. Oh my god now I am going to ahve to learn neadlework!!!! :rolleyes:

Originally posted by petrolhead
:D

Give me, some credit Jase :p

The table cloth WILL be lifted during viewing. Now I am thinking about something more ingenious, like velcro or a sewin in flap. Oh my god now I am going to ahve to learn neadlework!!!! :rolleyes:

:D I think Antonio´s suggestion is your best bet!:devil: :D

Rather than get your sewing needle out, better to just uncover the speakers each time you want to use them, less hassle.

wife, WIFE now hey. She is only the girlfriend and is expendable :D

Originally posted by petrolhead
wife, WIFE now hey. She is only the girlfriend and is expendable :D

Hope she´s not reading this, for your sake!:eek: :D

Fortunately No.

But I did manage to wind he up buy putting a floorstanding speaker on the coffee table and told her it was the new middle speaker :D

petrolhead......feel sorry 4 u pal.

If your bird is giving u so much hassle now, wots it gonna be like once you're captured (married)

All this shyte about 'my bird don't like this...don't like that'....tell her u dont like her dress, her washing machine, her jeans, her jacket.........cannot understand all this effing crap about having to suit 'er indoors...........

Adzman..(rant over.............4 now)

Wow Adzman.

Having a bad time with your girl?:eek:

To be fair she is very understanding and after careful discussion with her she usually comes round to my way of thinking.

So I finally ended up with the following:

L&R Kef Q1's on stands
Ctr Kef Q9 (Cunning disguised as a occasional table)
Surround Monitor Audio Baby Boomers
Rear Surround Monitor Baby Ctr.
Sub Rel Strata III

The front soundstage is supperb now, much better that the MA Babies, have more clarity and oomph. There is also no restriction with the ctr so long as the table clocth is kept well out of the way (I may eventually look for a better unit and hide the rel behind the chair). I have now been able to lower the frequency of the Rell which is better.

The rear soundstage is very clear having replaced the Elacs dipols with 1 MA ctr. The ctr is very suited to looking after rear surround duties.

Had a brief llisten to SW AOTC and all I can say was I was well impressed. I also tested Gladiator and again much better.

So I am happy and so is she.

One point, I did try the Kef Q2 dipolls which were no good at all for a small room (15' x13') which was a shame as they were one sexy looking speaker

At the end of the day if my wife don't like it she knows where the door is ;)

and yes I do tell her that :D

Morining JSW. Can't sleep either?

Wow just notices that I have hit the 500th post.

Happy posting to me :)

Hi Petrol,

I know it is not my business, nor is this a marrying counseling forum, and I don´t want to be as blunt as Adzman... :devil:

But here goes a bit of advice, anyway, from a 54 years old:

If you, or her, cannot do something you like, it wont last, or it will be hell... :rolleyes:

With the best intentions... :blush:

Oh dear this seems to have gone completely off thread. My fault probably

My girlfriend is one in a milllion and is very conciderate. Her main focus is always to make me happy, which is great and visa versa.

In a relationship I believe in compromise and plain speaking.

Nothing to worry about chaps, I have probably made her out to be a dragon and she is quite the opposite but she does have opinions and I value them.

She has only recently moved in and it is important to me that she feels that this is her home now too.

If you, or her, cannot do something you like, it wont last, or it will be hell...

We both can and do and are very happy :)

Anyway, I thought this was an AV forum not a councelling forum :confused:

petrolhead

i was only taking the rise mate.........

we all need a g/friend!!!!!......just take a look @ my ironing!!!!!!!!!
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

:)

Adzman....

Petrol,

You know better, sorry to budge in, but the sight of that center on top of the REL, all covered up... :eek:

Ok well sucked in :eek:

Yes the Q9 is a masterpiece and it would be nice on show but lets face it, its how it sounds that counts.

You never look at the fireplace when poking the fire

Cracking idea with the centre petrol, wish i'd thought of it!!

Definitely should have gone for the floorstanders though :devil: :)

Life's a bitch and then you marry one!!!

7ThGuest :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom