Question Keeping all the cables neat and tidy??

Wardy257

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I finally got round to setting up all my AV stuff this weekend and have cables everywhere!! I have:

Tivo
Bluray
Amp
TV
Modem
NAS

So 4 cables to the wall mounted TV including power, 3 ethernet, 6 total power leads, 2 speaker cables plus two cables for the Virgin.

If any of you could post pictures of how you have solved the cables everywhere issue I would be grateful? My set up is a lot simpler than most of yours I am sure!

What is the construct of your wall? Is it brick on internal stud partition wall?
Have you considered just channeling out the wall? or if its stud partition running it through with cable rods or a cable tongue?

It's brick/plaster. I have considered making a channel to hide the cables going up. All the cables around the back will still be tricky to hide though.

Have a look at some of the floating wall's in the DIY section - gives plenty of space to hide cables and gives a very clean look. Does not have to stick out loads from the existing wall - 3x2 batons (mounted to give a 2 inch gap behind the facing) should be plenty.

In my house (~30 years old) it has cavity walls. So when I wired the house with cat5 and satellite cable I ran them down the cavities from the loft. In the loft I have a patch panel for the Cat5 and a Labgear multiplexor for the sat cables. In the rooms, I drilled a 50mm hole and also fitted a 2 gang back-box. I used Labgear network/TV/Sat points in a 2 gang panel. The 50mm hole gave me enough space to fish the cables through. The hard bit was lining the drops up from the loft down the cavity so they were close enough to fish out.

It means I have all the cables hidden, I was/am very pleased and will use the same approach on my soon to commence cinema room. That will also have a false wall to house the TV and possibly in wall speakers.

Hope that makes sense..?

cheers

simon

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom