Keep Sky+ or get Topfield TF5800PVR

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by nick901, Aug 17, 2005.

1. nick901

nick901
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I currently have Sky+ which i pay £30 :eek: odd a month. We dont make the most of the channels so were wondering on going to freeview etc. I really like the Sky+ recording/epg system. My questions, can you just pay the £10 per month for sky recording facilities, are the 'free' chanels on sky the same as freeview?.
    What are the epg/recording facilities on the toppy, they appear to be good and quite flexible (downloadable TAP's).
    Any help and advice would be appreciated.

Cheers
    Nick

2. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You can just pay the £10 per month fee for the recording function.You may need to speak to several customer service reps before you find one who knows which button to press!

Most of the free channels are the same but E4 and one or two others needs a subscription on Sky but is part of Freeview.

I pay sky £60 a month. It's only the sports coverage and Sky1 that keeps me tied in.

Dave

3. nick901

nick901
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dave

WOW :eek: you must like sport £60 per month, thats emm £720 per year :eek: :eek: :eek:

cheers

nick

4. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I wish you hadn't told me that :rolleyes:

5. David PluggedIn

David PluggedIn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    which is about an hour's work for a premiership footballer :)

6. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979

Yes you can just pay the £10 SKY+ sub and view/record the FTA/FTV channels although some CS staff are unaware of this.
    Freeview and Freesat channel lineups are different, which is better very much depends upon what you watch on a regular basis.

Freeview
    Freesat

In regards to the Toppy well I consider it by far the best DTT DVR but considering the price it had better be!

So assuming you have a decent aerial and live in a decent coverage area without the need to spend money on an aerial upgrade then the cost of the Toppy would cover two years of the SKY+ service and in that time anything could be on the market:)

If you decide to go the Freeview route then when you call SKY to cancel make sure you specify cost as the reason, you never know a half price deal may be offered which you could take advantage of and then cancel safe in the knowledge the Toppy is waiting and may drop in price:)