keep or return (missing feet on samsung 55 F6800)

digitaldecks

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

took delivery of my samsung F6800 55" on Friday. was setting up on Sunday and found that the Y shape feet were missing.

tv hangs on the wall. all my previous tvs have always been hung never used the stands.

do i return RMA back to ebuyer then wait a week or so for them to get it sorted or just deal with it.

I know i may not ever use them but just having a bit missing is a pain.

spoke to ebuyer yesterdau and they cant speak to samsung and just send out the feet. i understand this but what worries me is that sending the whole tv back and any issues occur i have to then deal with more hassle.

do i just lap it up or would you return?

I honestly cannot be bothered to spend time taking it down, re-boxing etc..

but if anyone thinks its a no brainer and i should send back please let me know. All other bits were in the box including both remotes etc and the stickers were on the tv so it was not an open box or return, looks like an oversite at the packing stage at samsung.

thanks

I know something like that would niggle at me regardless if its on the wall or not, the fact remains that it came minus some parts.

Say for instance you eventually wanted to sell it and the buyer wasn't intending to wall mount then you would be stuck.

I'd see if you could get a replacement or at least see if samsung could send out the legs for that tv, after all it was supposed to be in the box in the first place.

I know something like that would niggle at me regardless if its on the wall or not, the fact remains that it came minus some parts.

Say for instance you eventually wanted to sell it and the buyer wasn't intending to wall mount then you would be stuck.

I'd see if you could get a replacement or at least see if samsung could send out the legs for that tv, after all it was supposed to be in the box in the first place.

Ebuyer process is slow and stock could be gone maybe or i could just get a refund and order something else etc..

I have just filled out the samsung customer service UK page for assitance on the matter. really hope they can send feet out.

Was it a factory sealed box? May have been unboxed and the feet left out, or they might be 'hidden' in the polystyrene packing.

hi vidjo,

yes it was factory sealed.

on opening the box the foam at the top had nothing, then after pulling the tv out and mounting i returned to the box thinking the feet may be in the bottom foam section. no sign of them.

the top foam has two large triangular shapes that look like it would hold the feet.
i was thinking along the same lines that it has to bein the box, but could be a manual process and this one slipped through the net.

gutted... its not a show stopper as the TV is brilliant... but like ninjafoot said it will always niggle me.
but all the tvs ive ever had they have always been wall mounted and never really sell them as always give the oldest stuff away...

Hi All,

Samsung just got back to me and will be sending me the feet that I need.
just need to get the serial numbers to them which i will sort out tonight.

now thats good customer service. shame Ebuyer couldnt get thier finger out and speak to thier distributor/supplier but instead want a whole tv sent back.

nice one sammy!

Hi All,

Samsung just got back to me and will be sending me the feet that I need.
just need to get the serial numbers to them which i will sort out tonight.

now thats good customer service. shame Ebuyer couldnt get thier finger out and speak to thier distributor/supplier but instead want a whole tv sent back.

nice one sammy!

Well that's great news, and although you always wall mount your tvs just knowing you have the feet for if and when you ever need them always helps.

It is really good that samsung are able to ship some out to you.:smashin:

Got my 55f6800 yesterday .. the feet were in the top of the polystyrene along with an accessorie pack and glasses , was it just the feet missing?

Am loving this TV by the way :)

Last edited:
Got my 55f6800 yesterday .. the feet were in the top of the polystyrene along with an accessorie pack and glasses , was it just the feet missing?

Am loving this TV by the way :)

sorry completely missed this post.

yeah the cut out sections were empty. hope they arrive in the next few days otherwise chase sammy on monday.

brilliant TV. does everything i need. the 7/8 series are nice to have but for just over a grand this is the muts nuts

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom