1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keep my RA-1062 or try Cyrus 8vs or Roksan KA1 or something else...

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by fastkam, Feb 5, 2005.

1. fastkam

fastkam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    to go with my Arcam CD73 and B&W 602S3? I am quite happy with my Rotel but want to know if I will get better results changing amp.

Regards,

Kam

2. gavp

gavp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    might be better getting better interconnects and/or speaker wire first, could always add a power amp for some bi-amping fun :thumbsup:

3. recruit

recruit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    fastkam - If you were thinking of changeing to the Cyrus or Roksan then to really benefit fromt the amps ability you should also consider changeing the speakers as the 602S3 are good but won't do the Cyrus or Roksan justice plus the Rotel amp you have is a better match for them.

4. fastkam

fastkam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I will stick with this system and change next year instead. I will probably check out the speaker wire and interconnects. Thank for your advice.

Many thanks,

Kam

5. gavp

gavp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I had basic interconnects and upgraded to van den hul d102 mik111's and noticed a clearer sound and far better bass, have a look on ebay, but look in 'worldwide' as the cables should be about £70 new but are cheaper bought from europe than from UK. My speaker wire is QED silver anniversary bi-wire which has given a better mid and treble sound. Have a look in what hi fi or hi-fi choice and they have good reviews of cables and interconnects.

6. dynamic turtle

dynamic turtle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    The Rotel 1062 is a superb amp and you will have to spend a lot of money (£1500+) to noticeably improve on it.

Don't bother wasting money on cables etc.

The Arcam is fine cdp and the 602's are excellent speakers. Given their efficiency, a power amp shouldn't really be necessary.

Overall, you have a very nice system that you shouldn't need to upgrade, ever!

DT

7. Harry T2

Harry T2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Have to agree with Dynamic Turtle.

The amps chosen are a move sideways. They will provide a different "sound", but that does not mean better.

8. Crocodile JD

Crocodile JD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    When I did a head to head with the Rotel 1062 the Roksan Kandy 3 and the Arcam FMJ32, the Rotel did it for me dispite being the least expensive. I haven't heard the Cyrus, but I'd be suprised if it were significantly better. I'd stick :smashin:

Croc

9. giosblue

giosblue

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had A Rotel Pre Power amp. RC1070 and RB1080 and changed it for a Cyrus 8Vs with PXR power supply. (not cheap)

The Rotal was excellent at high levels, but on soundstage, definition and musicallity.
    the Cyrus is in different class.
    Horses for courses really, when play the Cyrus at high levels for a while the amp get very hot and trips out, which about the only fault I can find with it.
    The Rotel could go flat out all day long, no problem.

If you ge the chance to listen to a Cyrus in your own home for couple of days take it