• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Keep having to download game updates.

daymouse

Distinguished Member
hey guys, Im stuck on if i can fix this one or not. Basically it seems everytime i put in one of my oldish games i keep having to update it 1st.
For example i put in Fallout 3 and it asks for an update to be applied. I take that out and put in MW2 it would then ask for an update to be applied. If i then take that out and put Fallout 3 back in i get asked for an update again. :confused:

Can the 360 only hold a certain amount of updates or somthing? Any ideas if this can be fixed and if so how?

smallclanger

hey guys, Im stuck on if i can fix this one or not. Basically it seems everytime i put in one of my oldish games i keep having to update it 1st.
For example i put in Fallout 3 and it asks for an update to be applied. I take that out and put in MW2 it would then ask for an update to be applied. If i then take that out and put Fallout 3 back in i get asked for an update again. :confused:

Can the 360 only hold a certain amount of updates or somthing? Any ideas if this can be fixed and if so how?

I believe it keeps the most recent 10 updates , it shouldnt keep updating if you switch the same two games though.

oasismark

Distinguished Member
Can it be possible for the cache to be full?

There is a way to delete the cache, and you can then put your discs in and it will update to the latest version.

HEXUS.gaming reports that a cache clear code has been discovered for the Xbox 360 hard drive via the dashboard's system blade. To perform the function, access 'memory' in the system blade, and then highlight the hard drive. Now press: Y, X, X, LB, RB, X, X. The following message should appear: "Do you want to perform maintenance on your Xbox 360 storage devices?"

I'm pretty sure this doesn't delete all your saves and DLC, but maybe someone should confirm befor eyou try it.

King Tones

Distinguished Member
You can clear your cache via System Settings, the new update added the Clear Cache option in the Memory bit :thumbsup:

It wont delete any saves or DLC just updates i think.
Worth a shot but you will be asked to download all updates again but once that is done then you can test it by putting 2 games in.

Ofcourse the above only works if you have a Hard Drive attached

Deftones

daymouse

Distinguished Member
Thanks guys i will give this a go! 1st will delete all games installed to the HD i dont have anymore keeping the saves! (just in case :smashin:)
Then will clear the cache and see if it helps!

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom