Keep getting "Strict" return on my xbox live test with BT Home Hub

Discussion in 'BT Broadband' started by cbusbyuk, Sep 3, 2007.

1. cbusbyuk

cbusbyuk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently moved to a new flat and went with BT and their new home hub stuff. Everything works like a charm. My laptop works perfectly, my PS3 connects perfectly and so does my Wii. So im a happy bunny until now...
    Ive just noticed that although i can connect to xbox live with no problems at all when I run a network test I am getting a strict NAT setting.
    This should be set to OPEN otherwise you can not join or talk to a lot of people on xbox live.
    I am quite up to speed with how routers work and things like upnp. I have checked everything on the router and upnp is on. This usually is the cause of the problem but makes no difference with my xbox.
    The REALLY weird thing is I have sometimes randomly got an OPEN return when doing a xbox live test for my NAT but it seems to randomly switch between OPEN, MODERATE and STRICT whenever it feels like. It is really frustrating and i dont know what more I can check on the HUB to make this stay as OPEN.
    I previously was with BULLDOG and was using a d link router. Once I activated upnp on the router I never had a problem with the NAT setting at all.

Ive rung xbox support and they are useless. BT are an approved provider for xbox live so I didnt think i would have such problems..
    Anyone got any ideas reg settings on the router I can ammend or experiencing the same problem?

2. bu5ter

bu5ter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +116
    be interested to see the outcome of this aswell as one of my friends is on live and i cant chat to him he too has a home hub but when we have run tests is comes back open, if he sends me a private chat request it fails if he invites me to a game it fails and vica versa. but if someone else sets the game up and we both joini occasionally here him in the room where everyone else can hear him its driving us nuts

3. kopchoir

kopchoir
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,455
  4. cbusbyuk

cbusbyuk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the link.. Ive found out through other threads this is a "common" fault with the home hubs. a simple reset of the box works OR you can follow the guide on that link which tells you how to try and prevent it from happening.
    Ive done what it says and so far its always OPEN now. So hopefully thats that now. I will monitor it and let everyone know.

5. mattclarkie

mattclarkie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Real guitars don't have strings, they have 5 colou
    Ratings:
    +934
    I know this thread is old, but it is relevant.

I have had the Hub since launch, and never had a problem, but for the last few months around 6, I always get Strict, it largely doesn't affect my Live, but sometimes it does.

I have done all steps the net tells me, making services, rebooting, nothing works, even with C firmware.

Does anyone still get this problem.